Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

Just curious if it looks like we are going to make it to company strength. I'm planning to be there regardless, but am wondering if we'll be a squad, platoon, or company in our spiffy forage caps.

Phil McBride
    Phil McBride
    Author:
    Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
    Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
    Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
    Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
    Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
    Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

Hard to say Phil. We're still plugging away at getting 50 men but it won't be done without folks pitching in and wanting to be part of an actual sized company. I don't have a roster but try to glean names off of the registered list. That's why it's important for folks to put their unit down as Co A 44th Indiana so I can spot it easier. We'll go with what we got in the end, spiffy forage caps and all.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Hey folks, registration ends this week. We have been getting more recruits but still need plenty to try and hit that 50 man mark. The time for procrastinating is over - get them in asap please.
        Michael Comer

Comment

Hey Mike, I think my wife threw out my sack coat some time over the last three years. Are frocks acceptable? I can still find my forage cap.
          Mike Phineas
          Arlington, TX
          24th Missouri Infantry
          Independent Volunteer Battalion
          www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

A frock would be fine if you've got nothing else. I have a couple of sacks and a state jacket if you want to borrow one.
            Michael Comer

Comment

I just read Federal Commander Terry Crowder's report of the work being done at the Twin Rivers site. Very impressive. It seems a campaigning company will be well accommodated and have lots to do over the long weekend. He also mentioned that the event registration deadline was extended, even though the good numbers of registrations are coming in.

Phil McBride
              Phil McBride
              Author:
              Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
              Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

Mike and I were in that general area this past weekend and if the TR site looks anything like the site we were at....it's going to be very nice.
                Seth Graves

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

It is good ground and the tacticals should be quite challenging. Folks are also going to some pains to make our area as authentic as they can and are willing to support what we want to do. I think this has got the makings to be a very good event.

Registration has been extended until Nov. 1. So get those in. We need more folks to fill out this company - why not be one of them?
                  Michael Comer

Comment

Looking for a Substitute...

Michael told me I needed to furnish a substitute for this one.

Although a cash transaction is straight forward, it doesn't help get the word out that there is still time to register for the Twin Rivers Event and to fall in with a fine company of men forming for this under Michael Comer's leadership. So who want to be a Subsitute? Register here http://www.cleburnes-division.com/re...aspx?EventID=3 and make sure to sign up for Co A 44th Indiana. Legitimate bounty claims may be honored.

Just so it's clear, I'm still going but someone decided to give me some more stripes and I'll be standing somewhere off to the left of Company A in the line. Those that sign on do get the chance to make fun of a chowder-headed, half-irish Sergeant Major.
                    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Re: Looking for a Substitute...

Originally posted by Pvt_Sullivan View Post
                      . Those that sign on do get the chance to make fun of a chowder-headed, half-irish Sergeant Major.
                      See, that alone is worth the trip!
                      Michael Comer

Comment

Re: Looking for a Substitute...

Gentlemen:

Time is running out to join up with us. I sincerely feel that if you do you will not be sorry. The more I find out about this event, the more I think it will be worth a person's effort to attend.

Please register for Co. A 44th Indiana and join our efforts to portray this honorable body of men.
                        Michael Comer

Comment

Gentlemen:

You have until the end of this week to get registered. If you have been procrastinating or wondering whether to go or not, make the decision to join us and get the registration in. Then let me know you have so we can make arrangements for you to get rations. Don't want you going hungry out there.
                          Michael Comer

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to the Cadre of Officer’s and NCO’s. I had a great time and it was good to meet some new folks.
                            Christopher Helvey

Comment

Glad you had a good time serving with the Western Brigade, Chris. Meeting you and many others in Comp. A was certainly one highlite of the event for me.

Jim Moffet
                              Western Brigade

Comment

Ditto what Mr. Helvey said. As a Texan Unionist fighting in blue, I was more than a little bit impressed with how Co A camped and performed on the field, and more than a little bit impressed with Col. Moffet. And more than a little bit impressed with the whole Federal showing at Twin Rivers. I choke as I write this, but, "Huzzah!" For those who still read magazines, I'm submitting a very personal article about Twin Rivers and serving in Co A to the Camp Chase Gazette. I expect it will be included in their first issue of 2011.

Phil McBride
                                The Alamo Rifles
                                I Co A, 44th Indiana at Twin Rivers
                                Phil McBride
                                Author:

Comment

Working...
                                X