Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

Raising a company of Federals to take part in this event November 11-14 in Collierville Tn.

Thread to the main site is http://www.firstfederaldivision.com/

We will portray Co. A, 44th Indiana at Ft. Donelson. Research allows us to do a very accurate impression of this company. A discussion board has been set up here:

Please look it over and join if you are interested in taking part in this endeavor.

I would really like to get 50 enlisted for this which would accurately reflect Co. A's strength at the time of the battle. We will be operating a bit differently that what is seen at most events and I hope it will be a bit of a different experience drill-wise.

We will operate under the batallion command of Jim Moffett.

I will be 1st Lt. and acting captain of the company. Brian Hicks will be orderly sergeant and will be acting as a Lt which will give us a bit of a different look.

Anyway, please consider joining us.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

If you are interested, please join the online forum that was posted by Mr. Comer in the original post. This is our primary mode of communication for the company and a place to 'iron out' any other details.
    Seth Graves

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

This sounds like a fine adjunct within a reasonable drive (for me). I hope other Middle Tennesseans express some interest. I can only say.. we'll soon see. Good to see you guys getting out the word in a timely manner. This years calendar is getting filled quickly.
      Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 01-09-2010, 03:03 AM.
      Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
      Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
      ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
      ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
      ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
      ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
      ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon The Beloved View Post
        This sounds like a fine adjunct within a reasonable drive (for me). I hope other Middle Tennesseans express some interest. I can only say.. we'll soon see. Good to see you guys getting out the word in a timely manner. This years calendar is getting filled quickly.
        Jon, thank you for joining the board. Also, please contact anyone else that you think may be interested in this event. As folks join the Adjunct company, I will post on the forum names and rank of the company.
        Seth Graves

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

Comment

Just a reminder of this effort. If you have any interest in this, please join our discussion board to keep up with developments.

This is an ideal opportunity to do an early war Western Federal impression and we have excellent documentation about the company we are portraying. I think that with the help of those on this forum who join, we will make a very accurate historical replicatioin of Co. A.
          Michael Comer

Comment

I'm in. Sounds like fun
            Frank Perkin

Comment

Originally posted by unclefrank View Post
              I'm in. Sounds like fun
              Great to hear...glad to have you on board. Make sure you join the board

Seth Graves

Comment

Just a shameless bump.

50 soldiers shouldn’t be that hard to get. The event runs from Thursday to Sunday, and I intend to be there for all 4 days (hmmn, don’t let that scare you away).

The documentation that Mr. Comer mentioned is quite detailed and easily achievable kit wise.

Give the forum/board a look and feel free to ask questions. All there are willing to help.
                Christopher Helvey

Comment

Co. A's Captain was ill during the Ft. Donelson actions so the other officers and NCO's were filling positions to make the command complete. We will be doing the same.

I will be 1st Lt. acting as Captain
                  Seth Graves will be 2nd Lt acting as 1st Lt.
                  Brian Hicks will be 1st Sgt. acting as 2nd Lt.
                  Frank Perkins will be 2nd Sgt. acting as 1st Sgt.
                  Christopher Helvey will be 3rd Sgt. acting as 2nd Sgt
                  Michael Comer

Comment

The farther we go along, the more documentation we get. Check the board for uniform guidelines/discussion, event guidelines, and company details. All are welcomed. I know the event isn't until November, but don't hesitate to be a part of this Adjunct.
                    Seth Graves

Comment

Just a reminder to have a look at our discussion board and join it if you please. You can find a link earlier in this thread.

We have put in a lot of effort already to make this an accurate impression of a particular company at a particular time. Please support us and help us reach the numbers we need to properly portray Company A at Ft. Donelson.
                      Michael Comer

Comment

A timely reminder gents. If you are thinking about joining us, please join the discussion board. Your input and participation is valued.
                        Michael Comer

Comment

We will be holding a COI on June 19th at Ft. Massac in southern Illinois on the Ohio River. We will be able to stay in the fort on Friday the 18th.

This is designed to be a day of basic instruction in various aspects of Civil War soldiering and is intended primarily for those who will be part of Co A 44th Indiana at the Twin Rivers event later this year. If you are planning on attending with us or thinking about it, please consider attending. The training will help those who may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with various aspects of daily soldiering and will also be a good review for seasoned vets.

We will be going over basics and teaching from the manuals. The idea is to get everyone on the same page and feeling comfortable with the daily aspects of soldiering. Drill, picket, NCO duties, officer duties and other subjects will be covered.

The event is free but we would like to have acknowledgement of who will be attending to help with planning. Please contact me my PM or email at huntdaw@gmail.com and let me know if you plan on being there.
                          Michael Comer

Comment

I'm going to make every effort to attend.
                            Frank Perkin

Comment

Gentlemen:

Just a reminder to support this project if you can. As stated before, the goal is to have a 50 man company to accurately reflect the real Co. A at Ft. Donelson. There are many who think it cannot be done. I think it can but it needs the support of folks to do it. I ask you to take up the challenge and help us field this company. Not only will it be a neat experience to operate in a company with such numbers, it will also show folks that we can step up to the challenge and do this.
                              Michael Comer

Comment

Working...
                              X