Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Fight For Crampton's Gap", Blanchardville, Wisconsin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Fight For Crampton's Gap", Blanchardville, Wisconsin.

Hello all,

I would like to let everyone know that in an effort to deconflict between the Sally Port Mess's "Disaffected in Canada" and "The Fight for Crampton's Gap" (FCG), I have decided to move FCG to the weekend of July 16-18, 2010.

The Fight for Crampton's Gap will be portraying the actions that happened at Crampton's Gap on September 14, 1862 during the series of fights that made up the Battle of South Mountain. This will take place on the same land that "Retreat From Bentonville" was held on near Blanchardville, Wisconsin.

Jason Reinholz will be commanding the Confederate force and Steve Acker will be commanding the Federal force. There will also be room for civilians, Confederate Cavalry, and a limited number of Federal cavalry as well.

More information regarding impressions, etc will be coming forth later, along with a website.

Thanks!
    Dan Chmelar
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!

Re: "The Fight For Crampton's Gap", Blanchardville, Wisconsin.

Dan,

This looks to be a great event! I am excited to head back up there. Glad we have at least one "local" event.
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Holler, I too am excited for next year. Plans are being made as we speak and information will be coming out soon. Look for a website to come out hopefully in the next month!!
      Dan Chmelar
      Semper Fi
      -ONV
      -WIG
      -CIR!

Comment

Dan,

Still holding out hope that I can convince you to change the event to Turner's Gap just so I can bring a slew of little green men with breechloaders. You know, cater the entire event around me. ;-)

I'll be there!
        Dan Wambaugh
        Wambaugh, White, & Company
        www.wwandcompany.com
        517-303-3609
        Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Dan,
          Ill be there in Jean Cloth... Had a great time last year. I always thought that WS was a snow covered state, boy was i mistaken! Amazing countryside and location! Ill plan on flying into Chi Again for the Fair mobile pickup!
          [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
          [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Dan,

I would like to come. However, may I start off in gray, but switch to blue when I realize how fruitless my efforts are against the mighty AoP? :tounge_sm
            Jason David

Peter Pelican
            36th Illinois Co. "B"
            Prodigal Sons Mess
            Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

Ha, Jason, I think we had enough switching sides last year to last us for awhile!!!! ;-)

On a more serious note, for family reasons Steve Acker has stepping down from the Federal Commander position. This spot has ably been filled by Terry Sorchy. Terry will do an excellent job leading our Federal troops against Crampton's Gap!!

Look for guidelines and the usual sort of event website information to come out hopefully in the next several weeks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in SW Wisconsin again!!
              Dan
              Last edited by IowaYank; 11-04-2009, 02:45 PM.
              Dan Chmelar
              Semper Fi
              -ONV
              -WIG
              -CIR!

Comment

A couple images from last year to peak ones interest!!

Sorry about the large size!!!

Dan
                Dan Chmelar
                Semper Fi
                -ONV
                -WIG
                -CIR!

Comment

I'll be there again! The property is really outstanding and lends itself to any number of scenarios. This is really a don't miss for me.

Cheers,
                  Eric
                  Eric Fair

"A word in earnest is as good as a speech." Charles Dickens - [I]Bleak House[/I]

Comment

Dan,

I am in. I had a good time in June. I will put it on my calendar.

RM
                    Rod Miller
                    [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
                    A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
                    1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
                    1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
                    1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
                    1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
                    Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
                    1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
                    Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Sounds like a good event.
                      Regards,
                      John Raterink

"If they carried short rifles and shot people far away, they had to be cool"

Comment

Don't worry Dan I plan to stick to my guns literally. Any thought as to what Union regiment you will portray?

Seriously people, this event site is supurb. Anyone who attended "Retreat from Bentonville" can vouch for Dan and how his last event was excellent. I know he will do another great job on this one. I do look forward to attending this one.
                        Jason David

Peter Pelican
                        36th Illinois Co. "B"
                        Prodigal Sons Mess
                        Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

Jason, the Federal unit has no yet been decided upon. Research is still being done. The Confederate infantry will be portraying two companies of the 12th Virginia, and the Confederate cavalry will be portrying the 2nd Virginia Cavalry.

Dan
                          Dan Chmelar
                          Semper Fi
                          -ONV
                          -WIG
                          -CIR!

Comment

Those Nation Boys that will attend will be there as Confederates.

We had a great time in gray and will do it again.
                            Nathan Hellwig
                            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

After all the wind I was forced to endure last year when I went blue,
                              I will be most proud to join them fellers of the 12th Virginia and
                              contend against them damnable tyrants and invaders! And mostly
                              to see what kind of a Johnnie Holler makes!
                              Your most obedient servant and comrade,
                              James C. Schumann
                              Mess #3
                              Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Working...
                              X