Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March for Redemption

Joe,
    Ahh Delaware, miss my state...What part are you going through? Northern part I imagine.

If we are free I am sure we can participate. =)
    Krystin Contant Piston

Comment

Brent,
      Thanks! For starters, would you be able to give a rough estimate of how long it takes to hike from Maryland Heights to Whisky Spring, PA, where the Appalachian Trail connects to the Mason/Dixon Trail? I have a great series of maps for the M/D Trail, but don't have a good set for the Appalachian Trail. I hope you find work, but if not it'd be great to have you along.
      - Joe
      Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Krystin,
        Not totally sure about the Delaware part. We need to figure out how long it'll take to get from Maryland Heights to Havre de Grace. We can't spend more than two weeks on the trail.
        When we get the civilian component set up I'll send you a message. Thanks!
        -Joe
        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Joe,

I have the Appalachian trail maps, as well as, miles between shelters, water, and a few other notes I made while on the trail.

As for the Mason Dixion trail, I'm not completely sure. We can talk offline about a couple of other options.... I have a number of friends for the American Long distance Hikers Assoc.

PM me your email address and we will work from there.

Brent Brumagin
          Brent Brumagin

Comment

Actually, portraying deserters from the Fifth Maryland, Company I, we'll be ending our march in Cecil County, MD, probably on our little farm a mile or so short of the Delaware line. Personally, I think we can easily make it in well under two weeks. Motivation. Plus, we don't need to follow the public trails if there are other viable options. Setting up places to stay overnight would be nice but then we'd have a set quota of miles we walk each day. Having a possible stop every ten miles that we may or may not use would be better, but I'm also willing to lay down in a random woodlot to sleep. This will be a first person-heavy event. Two books are currently being passed around amongst the potential participants that will greatly assist first person development. Crossing the Susquehanna in a row boat should be fun!
            William Birney
            Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
            Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Friends,
              We're going to have to postpone the March for Redemption until 2011. Two reasons: First, we need more time to get the preservation component up and running. Participants need to solicit contributions to the CWPT and there isn't really enough time left to do that, and secondly, I had some skin growths removed from my forehead and face today and the doc wants me to limit my exposure to the sun for a while. So a two week march this Spring isn't what the doctor is ordering for me right now :) Don't worry, the event will happen and the delay will probably end up making it an even better event than it would be if we tried to do it this year.
              - Joe Bordonaro
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Do share, if you will, what is the latest on this effort? I am merely curious and was thinking of this, today.
                Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Jon, Looks like this might not happen. One of the main people in the effort is heavily involved in starting a business. - Joe Bordonaro
                  Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Working...
                  X