Franklin- 2 weeks away!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Franklin- 2 weeks away!!!

Robert, we wish your mother a speedy recovery. Family comes first. See you next time.
    Russ Dykes
    Keith Stone Guard

6th Mississippi Adjunct 150th Shiloh
    Maryland My Maryland 150th Sharpsburg
    150th Chickamauga Kershaws Brigade
    150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse

"Splash" ......Mark Taylor

Comment

Kenny! David Logsdon took the quote in question from the following source: "A Sketch of the Battle of Franklin, with reminiscences of Camp Douglas", by John M Copley / 1893.
      John Marler
      Franklin, TN

Comment

Another great quote from John M. Copley, 49th Tennessee, Quarles' Brigade, (...as a prisoner...Copley writes...) " This handful of prisoners presented a ghastly and powder-burnt appearance; the clothing was badly stained with blood, the faces blackened and blistered by the streams of fire from the enemy's guns...; the hair on many of their heads was somewhat singed and the eyebrows burned off."
        John Marler
        Franklin, TN

Comment

Dateline: Franklin, Tennessee / 16 April 2010 / 82 degrees F @ 4:47 Central Standard Time

Approximately 20 fellars, (...all Johnnies, of course)...have shown up. Pat Landrum, Mitch, Russ...all here. Waiting on the stragglers. Will advise.
          John Marler
          Franklin, TN

Comment

I had a great time gents. This was my first event in a LONG TIME, and it made remember why I love doing this.
            Ken Latham
            Bon Aqua, TENN
            Independent Rifles
            Duck River Squadron

Comment

Working...
            X