• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Franklin LH Highlights...

Thanks Joe and Matt. Good advice.
    Robert Orrand
    N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
    Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
    4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Patrick, Mat, and everyone there, has my thanks for helping make an enjoyable event! I appreciate ya’ll having us Texas boys there.

I learned a lot, had to re-think some preconceived notions I had, got a wonderful perspective on the actual lay-of-the-land...

Camping and marching on Hallowed Ground means a lot to me.

I was there in 2001 for about 1 hour, and am quite pleased with the changes since! Was glad I was a part of it.

Afterwards I got to travel to Sam Watkins Grave site, see ST. John’s Church, went to Shiloh NBP, and go down to Corinth’s Interpretive Center, and go walking to see actual CS gun placements.

It was heck of an event, and Trip.

I have posted a couple of pictures, if you want a higher resolution copy of either one, pm, or email me and I’ll send them to you.

Kevin Dally (Kdallyrm@aol.com)
      Attached Files
      Kevin Dally

Comment

I want to thank all invovled in planning, and pulling off this event. I had an excellent time camping, marching, demonstrating, and engaging the public with a bunch of fine troops. I know this is not the event we self proclaimed campaigner types usually get crazy over. However, I would like to point out how important it is that we attend these types of events as well. Words cannot describe how proud I was to learn we had a small part in helping reclaim this battlefield. I would especially like to thank Pat for his organization, and Matt for allowing us to experience some of his very fine collection. Thanks are also necessary for Eric who spent a great deal of his time to impart his impressions of this battle, and how important it was during the war. I look forward to seeing you fellas at more events this season.
        Sincerely,

John Walsh
        Furious Five Mess:baring_te

Comment

I had one made of an old gum blanket.
          Kiev Thomason
          a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
          WIG
          Armory Guards
          Forest Park Lodge #399
          Forest Park GA.

Comment

Originally posted by PogueMahone View Post
            Robert,

There is a fellow in Greenbriar, TN, who makes a nice skillet. I can't recall his name, but I'm sure someone will pop up with it shortly. Definitely cheaper than that "device" you linked.

Good luck with your quest to improve!
            Well, I figured out the name of the fellow in Greenbriar. It is Frank Ellis. I gave him a call yesterday and he informed me, with little regret, that he doesn't make skillets anymore. Cost of materials and shipping became too much and he believes his source for stamped skillet bottoms has since gone out of business. Just wanted to let folks know that this source has evaporated.
            Joe Smotherman

Comment

Thanks for the attempt.
              Robert Orrand
              N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
              Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
              4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Working...
              X