Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powder and caps available where in Nashville area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder and caps available where in Nashville area?

I typically ship my powder, caps and weapon via UPS when I travel east. Due to increased shipping costs, I'm considering purchasing powder and caps there. I'll likely fly into Nashville. Where in the vicinity can powder and caps generally be purchased to fill my already prepared tubes?
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Re: Powder and caps available where in Nashville area?

The last place I bought powder was the Triune Saddle Shop, but that was probably 7 or 8 years ago.

I buy caps at mainstream events.
    Joe Smotherman

Comment

Bass pro shop usually has Powder...and they are starting to carry the CCI 4 wing caps.

You could call the Nashville Store @ 615-514-5200
      Galen Wagner
      Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Silas

An industrious feller with organizational skills might wish to think on a larger scale, as we anticipate a number of fly-ins.

Event staff will be on site on Saturday before the Sunday muster. There is covered shelter available at the mustering point as well as an inexpensive but clean motel just down the road.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Silas, Joe and others, The Triune Saddle/Tack shop still carries FFF grain in limited amount. For those traveling to ITV or any other TN event in the southern window of I-40 east or I-65 south, this little shop is located just off SR-840 at Triune/Franklin Exit.
          Last edited by Jon The Beloved; 02-18-2010, 05:29 PM.
          Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
          Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
          ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
          ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
          ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
          ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
          ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Do we have an idea of just how many pounds of black powder and how many tins of caps we might be in need of for all those coming in from a distance?

Captain Joe: How many rounds should we be bringing to this event per man?

It's possible a bulk purchase order could be arranged, depending upon need, for at least the powder, and quite possibly caps as well, made available on site.
            Bernard Biederman
            30th OVI
            Co. B
            Member of Ewing's Foot Cavalry
            Outpost III

Comment

Working...
            X