To Prevent the Effusion of Blood - Planning for Dec 2010 - Jan 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Prevent the Effusion of Blood - Planning for Dec 2010 - Jan 2011

My input I'm not sure matters as I am only an hour and a half south of Charleston, meaning it wouldnt be a big deal for me to travel up there and back on any of those dates.

BUT we also need to think about the safety of the event participants who are coming from a considerable distance and the weekend of the 26th and 27th since it falls on a Sunday would be quite dangerous driving wise as there will be ALOT of people travelling on the road, the day after christmas is one of the biggest travel days of the year, now have the day after christmas fall on a saturday that also makes it potential for both the 26th and the 27th to be very busy travel days since it falls on a weekend.
    [CENTER]Yours with a jerk,
    Michael Kirby
    [COLOR="Green"]Fort Moultrie : STRANGER DANGER!
    Sharpsburg LH: Wrecking the Van (The Tripp Corbin Experience)
    Westville GA Work Weekend: SWAMP MONSTER![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Bummers
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Pt. Lookout Maryland LH
    Rivers Bridge Federal Campaigner Adjunct
    Backwaters 1865
    In The Van: Trailing Kirby Smith
    Before The Breakout
    Struggles of Secession[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

December, As I'll be on break from school.
      Chris Suppelsa

Comment

Thanks for the input already everyone. We have ALOT of coordination to do before deciding on a date this summer, but this input is very helpful and much appreciated.
        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

I did vote on the Jan dates. But the December one would work out fine also.
          Just keep us posted. Whenever is fine.
          Jim "Doc" Bruce
          War means fightn and fightn means killn.
          L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
          Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Pete, I voted the January dates. However, I will make the event whenever you hold it. Late 2010-early 2011 have already shaped up to be a great time.
            Rob Murray

Comment

ROB and Doc, Thanks for the input. We are still in the discussion phase with the interested and concerned parties, more to follow this summer.
              Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

I am hoping that there will also be a short, symbolic firing on a merchant ship artillery drill around this time.
                Gregory Deese
                Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Working...
                X