Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

I'll concur with what Mike said. Com'on guys the war didn't begin or end at Manassas! Carthage MO has it beat by two weeks! Camp Jackson by two and a half months. However if you want to wear clown pants I guess Manassas is the place to do it. Ive got a few camel hair fezzes left for anyone wanting to do a zoo zoo impression at Manassas;)
    (The Manassas Crack is a joke for those of you who are humor impaired. Will be at Manassas if the wife will let me and I can get off work; At a summer job I don't have yet.)
    Frank Aufmuth
    Frank Aufmuth
    When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Just bumping this a bit to remind folks. Information has been a bit slow on the discussion forum for our effort but I see that picking up in the future. I think we will be portraying some of Burbridge's companies with actual numbers or pretty darn close, Kip Lindberg has a beautiful copy of Burbridge's colors which he is gracious enough to let us use and we may be doing some stuff either for the NPS or some living history type demos for the public at times (working on this part).

I can promise you that we will be aggressive during the tacticals and will not be standing still much for this event. We will stay busy.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

I am just trying to figure out, which group of friends Im going to fall in with. I should have an idea by Camp Jackson, MAYBE.........................
        Aka
        Wm Green :D
        Illegitimi non carborundum
        (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
        Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Bumping this endeavor. I am adding some excellent primary resource material taken from the memoirs of one of the men in Burbridge's regiment on the discussion board. If you are joining us for this endeavor, please be getting your registration in.
          Michael Comer

Comment

After reading how Marse Skip is going to kill everyone in Virginny marching them in the heat without water, I will opt for Missouri where it is nice and cool in August. Seriously, there was fighting West of the Big River, so folks should give Wilson's Creek a look see. Or die in Virginny with Skip.:)
            Tom Yearby
            Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
              After reading how Marse Skip is going to kill everyone in Virginny marching them in the heat without water,

Or die in Virginny with Skip.:)
              Tom, you know that i will authorize 1 canteen per 10 men for each 24 hr period. That is more than fair!.... ha ha... ***Just Kidding ***

*** disclaimer***

no place south of the M-D is cool in August! Virginiy is closer to the ocean for that "cool" breeze! Wilsons creek is a place i have always wanted to visit though!

Cheers my friend...
              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
              [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

In all seriousness, I know Mr. Owens will look after those in his command, and the advisement to be in shape should be heeded. I have seen too many people drop out on marches because they didn't take pre event warnings seriously, or misjudged their own abilities. So, get in shape, survive Skip's death march and then come to Missouri in August.
                Tom Yearby
                Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

I will be posting some information I have on MSG clothing soon. It will concern the colored patches worn on the sleeves of the MSG and the other State Regiments engaged at Wilsons Creek. Included will be some contemporary descriptions of MSG men-- and my take on MSG impressions based on contemporary research. I got most of my information from period newspapers covering the campaign to keep Missouri in the Union. Some neat stuff. Will have photos too.
                  CSuniforms
                  Tom Arliskas
                  Tom Arliskas

Comment

Looking forward to the info Tom.
                    Michael Comer

Comment

I've posted some info about our role in the event on the discussion board, http://wilsonscreek.proboards.com/index.cgi, that all participants need to take a look at. Also, if you are wanting to attend, please go ahead and get registered and join us for some fun in SW Missouri in August.
                      Michael Comer

Comment

I have added your discussion board to my oft-read forums. I will keep up to date on what is planned. I also am researching Little York as it appears Staff wants us involved. Any links or books you can lead me to would be appreciated. We in Town are looking forward to the activities.
                        Robert Orrand
                        N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
                        Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
                        4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Folks,

I been looking at the registered list and it does not have very many on it although there are almost 70 members on the discussion board and an untold number of guests. It is imperative that you get your registration in. We don't know whether you really intend on coming until we see your name on that registered list. There are things to plan for and figure out and it works better when you can get an idea of your numbers.

Please send in your registrations asap.

Thanks for you help.
                          Michael Comer

Comment

Marse Comer,

A moderate swarm of Ground Hornets intends to descend on the place.

Be forewarned.
                            Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

I'm very grateful for the Ground Hornets coming up. Look forward to seeing you boys.

Now there's still a lot that haven't registered. Look boys, do me a personal favor and get registered please. I really need to know what I've got to work with. If you're a little tight on dough but you know you're coming at least let me know that. This is going to be a good event folks and we are going to make a stellar effort to try to be as much like Burbridge's boys as we can be. There's lots of talk about Manassas and Shiloh which is fine - I'll be at both of them. But, in the meantime there's a battle being overlooked by many that was quite pivotal in Missouri's part in the war. If you don't know what happened in the Trans-Miss you're missing out on a part of the war that effected the whole thing. So come on, help me out on this and register for Wilson's Creek. You'll be glad you did - guaranteed.
                              Michael Comer

Comment

I know everyone is excited about Shiloh right now but don't forget to register for Wilson's Creek if you are attending. Registration is due JULY 1 so please get it done folks.
                                Michael Comer

Comment

Working...
                                X