Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Raising a battalion of folks interested in a campaign adjunct and having an accurate impression for Wilson's Creek in August. We will portray Burbridge's Regiment, Missouri State Guard. Several of Burbridge's companies were averaging in the 20's, so fairly accurate numbers can be fielded with the typical reenactor company.

There is a discussion board here: http://wilsonscreek.proboards.com/index.cgi

If you are interested, please feel free to join the discussion board and take part in the conversation pertaining to this effort.

If you would like to raise a company for this event, please let me know. I have one definite company commander at this time and another company in the works. We can use 2-3 more.

In 2000 Burbridge's regiment was portrayed by a battalion of 90 men. It would be great to get that many again.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Campaigner Battalion for Wison's Creek

Make sure you check out the board and sign up and introduce yourself if you are interested in joining up!
    Seth Graves

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

Just wanted to mention that work is being done on setting up about a 3 or 4 mile march from the actual battlefield to the event site as part of our activities. We have two companies at this point that will be getting formed. If anyone is interested in raising a company please let me know.
      Michael Comer

Comment

Basic guidelines are now posted on the discussion board. At this time we have two company commanders, Frank Aufmuth and Greg Richardson with another one hopefully to be announced soon. Still room for more companies if you have a desire to raise one.
        Michael Comer

Comment

I am excited about this event. My company will be represented by the Tater Mess and the Aufmuth Mess (3 Aufmuth's is probably more than any event can take but I think 3 is bare minimum for a Mess.)
          We have room for more so if anyone is looking for a home sign up with the....We'll get back about company designations soon.
          Frank Aufmuth
          Frank Aufmuth
          When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Ok we are Company B: "Jackson Guard", 1st Infantry, 3rd Division, Missouri State Guard.
            I have posted some information on this company on the Wilson's Creek Adjunct board.
            Frank Aufmuth
            Frank Aufmuth

Comment

What is the date for this event?
              Andrew Grim
              The Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Bh'oys

Burbank #406 F&AM
              x-PBC, Co-Chairman of the Most Important Committee
              Peter Lebeck #1866, The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
              Billy Holcomb #1069, Order of Vituscan Missionaries

Comment

Grim,

All the event info is on the adjunct board---but, the dates of most concern are August 10-14---something the Wilson's Creek event website may or may not reflect, as I have not checked it since we sent some corrections/suggestions up the chain of command for the Blue-Gray Alliance.

The Commoration on the Wilson's Creek Park grounds, to be held at the Ray House is on WEDNESDAY. There's a march going in.

Various 'non-scripted battles and manuevers will be held on private land on Thurday-Friday.

Public, scripted battled will take place on Saturday-Sunday, again on private land that is contiguous to the Park.

A civilian 'town' area will be in place on the private land, well removed from military camps, with both scripted and non-scripted interaction. I'll make those civilian related announcements regarding both the "Town" and civilian march information on the CWR board and on the main event website, as I've not gone through the hoops to get an adjunct folder here.
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I thought about trying to centralize registration for this thing but I think I'm going to let everyone register on their own instead of me collecting money and registering as a group. That way I'm not holding people's money until I do a group registration and folks can register when and how they want.

So, to keep us on the same page and make it easy to see who is with the adjunct effort when you register:

Under 'unit name' put Burbridge's Division
                  Under 'affiliation' click other
                  If everyone puts the same thing it will allow me to have a better idea of who is on board and avoid the confusion we had with the TR registration.
                  Michael Comer

Comment

Our company (Richardson's) will be represented by the Bitter Brothers Mess, Little Egypt Mess, members of the Jeff Davis Guard, and any others who would like to fall-in with us. We will be portraying Company A of Burbridge's Division.

BTW: Greg's internet is on the fritz, so I will be the point of contact for the company until he's back online. Thanks.
                    John Spain
                    4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
                    "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Join the company that rocks! Represented by Me, my son Xavier, his brother Sam and his other brother Daryl;)
                      Co. B Jackson Guard!
                      Frank Aufmuth
                      (Bump)
                      Frank Aufmuth

Comment

The possible third company that Mike has alluded to will be raised and fielded by members of the 11th Miississippi, Co G out of St Louis. I'll let Mike make the announcement on the boards.

We're a progressive campaign company that is looking to step up the ante and the MSG impression is something we've tried several times at Athens and other local events. We had good times doing homeguard at Twin Rivers and look forward to any other like minded men wishing to throw in for the protection of the great state of Missouri.

Sincerest Regards,
                        Clay W. Goser

Comment

We will have another company out of Northwest Arkansas but I will let Mike make that formal announcement as well.
                          Matthew S. Laird
                          [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
                          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
                          Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
                          [/COLOR]
                          [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

And I'll be glad to do so:

I'm very happy to announce that Matt Laird and Clay Goser will be heading up two companies in this battalion. That brings us up to 4 led by these two gentlemen, Frank Aufmuth and Greg Richardson. I think we are going to do Burbridge's boys proud and would like to see folks join us in this effort. If you're considering Wilson's Creek as a 150th event, please join up with our battalion in one of these fine companies.
                            Michael Comer

Comment

Bumping this a bit lads. Take a look at the discussion board and come and join us. I know it's close to Manassas and all that but that's ok. I'm going to Manassas too. Carpool with your pards etc and take part in the CS victory that came on the heels of Manassas.
                              Michael Comer

Comment

Working...
                              X