Drill Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Session

Is Co C. planning on having a drill weekend before the event? Maybe end of May, early June after school is out?

What Manual will we be using?
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Re: Drill Session

Galen, I don't know of a Co. C only session, but the Armory Guards is having a drill February 12th at Picketts Mill, April 2 at the Tullie Smith Farm area of the Atlanta History Center, June 3-5 at Picketts Mill for the comemoration weekend, and finally July 16th a drill/LH at Gililam Park the weekend before the 150th Manassas event. Other reenactors that are falling in with the Armory Guards company at the 150th Manassas are welcome to attend these drill weekends. The impressions for these drills are not the same as the 150th Manassas, but if you feel that you need to bring your 150th kit for input, etc then fine. See http://armoryguards.org/ for more information regarding these drill dates.

As for manual.. Well, I cannot tell you being a fellow musket toter. I guess the Head Cheeses can chime in. It is there show.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Herb,

Garrett and I will try to attend the PM in June, but I doubt my luck will aloow me to get a kitchen pass for East Atlanta.
      Galen Wagner
      Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Galen and all, this is from Matt aka one of the Head Cheeses for the battalion in regards to drill

"Good day gents. Since it is stated that the 2nd was drilled by Hardees after arriving in Virginia, we will use Hardees when we recreate the regiment this July. Company captains are encouraged to drill their men by Hardees. Just wanting to help. You'll be in good hands with Wickett.
        See you in Virginia if not sooner. "

Hardees it is gents. Now go read the manual.
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

But I caints reed...I need pitchers:

http://www.10thbattalion.org/school.php
          Galen Wagner
          Mobile, AL

Comment

All you'll do is strike out if you rely upon those pitchers. Friends don't let friends use the misinformation from that page. It's that bad.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Silas - no joke, I looked at three or four items and saw errors in each - some minor and some 'where did they get that from?!'.
              John Duffer
              Independence Mess
              MOOCOWS
              WIG
              "There lies $1000 and a cow."

Comment

Sorry guys...I looked a a few, and they looked OK. I should have dug deeper.

He does say that errors can be reported...at least he admits it is not be perfect I guess.
                Galen Wagner
                Mobile, AL

Comment

On Saturday April 2, the Armory Guards is holding a one day drill at the Atlanta History Center in Atlanta, Ga. This is a perfect chance for non AG members to fall in with us and meet Captain Thomason, etc. The drill will be dealing with the Battle of Peachtree Creek, so we are using the 1864 AOT kit, but questions, kit items, etc regarding the 150th Manassas event can be brought up.

The next time we'll be getting together to drill is in June 3-5 at Picketts Mill State Park near Dallas, Ga after our Resaca adjunct effort in May. Again Bull Run kit questions, etc can be brought up, but we are again in 1864 AOT kit.

Please contact me if you are interested in attending any of these and are in Co. C for Manassas.
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

The Armory Guards has added two more dates for a chance to drill and field questions about Mega-Nassas.

May 14 and 15th there will be a small Armory Guards "section" at the Southern Museum's Military time-line in downtown Kennesaw. We'll focus on School of the Soldier. Exciting!

June 17-19 the Armory Guards will be hosting a small living history at Barrington Hall in downtown Roswell. We'll be looking at recreating a section of the Roswell Guards. An overshirt and gray trousers are apporpriate for this small "mustering" event. Hmm, these items sound familiar....

Camping at both venues is encouraged and if you are interested in participating with us then please contact me.

Thank you!
                    Herb Coats
                    Armory Guards &
                    WIG

Comment

Working...
                    X