Registration open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration open

Registration for Imprisoned on the Frontier is now open. Please find a copy of the registration form attached to this post.

Hope to see ya'll in November.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ohpkirk; 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM.
    Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
    Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Re: Registration open

Cody,

The link won't open.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I was making a last minute change to the form. Try it again.
      Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
      Texas State Troops

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

It is also available off of the event website homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/impris...efrontier/home or by clicking the 'Registration Tab'.
        Last edited by ohpkirk; 02-01-2011, 02:12 PM.
        Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
        Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

I have already received a number of registrations for the event, keep them coming!
          Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
          Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

I will send mine to you within the week.
            Rick Biddle
            Co. A 4th VA Stonewall Brigade
            Co. A 15th TX Texas Ground Hornets

Minion of the Warlord

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - MG William T. Sherman

Comment

I received several more in the mail this morning. If you'd like to be a Texan for this event, hurry and send in your registration.....slots are going quickly.

Rick, enjoy your last few days over there... your Mesopotamian vacation is just about over.
              Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
              Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

Are there any civilian impressions, guidelines? What do we put on the registration form?
                Annette Bethke
                Austin TX
                Civil War Texas Civilian Living History
                [URL="http://www.txcwcivilian.org"]www.txcwcivilian.org[/URL]

Comment

The small number of civilian impressions that would be acceptable for the event weren't advertised. If you are interested in attending as a civilian send me an email at: cody.mobley@thc.state.tx.us and we will proceed from there. Originally the prison camp at Camp Verde, as described HERE civilians interacted and even intermingled with the prisoners. Being that Fort McKavett is located on the northern route of the San Antonio-El Paso Military Road travelers would have been passing by or through the fort at any given time pre-1863 when the frontier line shifted eastward.
                  Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                  Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

Marse Mobley/Fried Bologna King,

Bank certification of funds, as well as the registration form, are presently traversing the distance spanning the Arkansas hinterlands to the Republic of Texas.

Regards,
                    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Mr. Mobley,
                      Do you accept pesos? I figure they are more valuable and more useful down your way than dollars.
                      Tom Yearby
                      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Uncle Tom,
                        Only if they are of the coin silver variety.
                        Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                        Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

I would like to thank those of you who have already sent in registrations for the event. I'm glad too see this much interest in such a unique event. If you are planning on attending, please send in your paperwork! Slots are filling quickly.

Click the link below if you are interested in attending.
                          Registration Form
                          Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
                          Texas State Troops

Wanted.

Comment

Mine's going in the mail this weekend.
                            Michael Comer
                            one of the moderator guys

Comment

Cody, save me a spot. I'll get mine in as soon as I get my May event a new home.
                              Annette Bethke
                              Austin TX
                              Civil War Texas Civilian Living History
                              [URL="http://www.txcwcivilian.org"]www.txcwcivilian.org[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X