X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Shiloh FEDERAL Paddle Wheeler Adjunct

Originally posted by johnnyreb43nc View Post
    Pards,
    A request to Company Commanding Officers.
    3-5 of my Pards from the UK and 1 from Germany are looking for a Company to fall in with.
    Do any of y,all have slots available in any of your companies?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,

J.T.
    Jason Tailford

Lazy Jacks Mess
    Liberty Rifles.
    No registrations yet, so no one has taken any slots. 15 June is the date to be on line to get your registrations entered.
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

JT- Alex reached out to me on this same question and i gave him my suggestions. See you in a month in that red shirt!
      [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
      [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Jason,

You gents from across the pond will get in. If you have a problem, contact me.

EVERYONE:

And now for everyone, this is the list of company commanders and points of contact. In some companies an additional point of contact is provided. THESE ARE THE GUYS TO CONTACT AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SLOT IN THAT COMPANY. Give these guys 24-48 hours to respond to your email since they have jobs and families.

Co. A, Capt. Kiev Thomason, Armory Guards, kievandleah@comcast.net
        Co. B, Capt. Nate Petersburg, Old Guard, POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS COMPANY IS Cameron Stinnett, CameronStinnett@puryearfarms.com
        Co. C, Capt. Mark Heidlebaugh, Iowa Boys, POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS COMPANY IS Bob Welch, cowsandplows@gmail.com
        Co. D, Capt. Jeff Hayes, Liberty Rifles, POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS COMPANY IS Paul Boccadoro, paulbocc@gmail.com
        Co. E, Capt. Jim Butler, SCAR, unionguy1@comcast.net
        Co. F, Capt. Pete Berezuk, Columbia Rifles, pete.berezuk@gmail.com
        Co. G, Capt. Dennis Neal, 16th LA & All Deep South and Southwestern States, boreguard@earthlink.net
        Co. H, 1st Lt. Jordan Ricketts, POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS COMPANY IS John Wickett, jwickett@comcast.net
        Co I, Southern Guard/Palmetto Guard/48th NY/Independent Volunteers, Dan Gidick, dgidick@gmail.com; Joe Blunt, mudcatsgt@earthlink.net; Brent Brumagin, bbrumagin@yahoo.com
        Co. K, Capt. Jeremy Bevard, Sally Port Mess and MI, jeremybevard@sbcglobal.net

If you are part of the STAFF or COLOR GUARD, your contact is Matt Woodburn, rmwoodburn@aol.com

EVERYONE wanting to come to this event MUST contact one of the above company contacts and get permission to register since slots are limited. Again, registration will open on next Wednesday, June 15th and THAT IS THE DAY you will want to register. You don't want to wait too long to register or in this case you will literally miss the boa! Tell all your pards NOW to be ready next week when this goes up for sale. The fee again is $50 for everything.
        Matt Woodburn
        Retired Big Bug
        WIG/GHTI
        Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
        "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Matt,

Jim Butler is in Europe right now so if anyone is interested in SCAR CO E, they can contact me for now and I will answer what I can or make sure Jim has the info for when he returns.

You can reach me through PM here or at meathookst11@yahoo.com
          [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
          ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

When to push the panic button?
            Can I register at 0001 first thing Wednesday morning or 0800 your time zone or what? I can't use PayPal from my work computer and would hate to have all 30 slots filled in Co. K as I commute to the office. I want to send the $50 electronically as early as possible. The Cap'n has offered to cover for me but now I think it would be best for me to handle this myself up front rather than put him on the hook for what I would owe. Is using PayPal all that difficult? (For most events, I mail a money order or transfer electronically from a personal bank account.)
            Best regards,
            Paul Hadley
            Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul,
              If you don't have Pay Pal, it is going to take about 3 days or so to activate the account, as you have to register with the site with your bank information. Pay Pal then makes two small deposits in to your bank account within about 3 days. You have to see what those amounts are, and then go back to the site, enter the amounts and then your account is verified and activated. After that, Pay Pal is simple and convenient to use.
              V/R
              [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks Pete!!!

Paul, it is setup via Paypal and all electronic online. There is a way to pay with a debit card or credit card on Paypal. I've not looked into that yet to post. If someone can put those directions on here for everyone, that would be great.
                Matt Woodburn
                Retired Big Bug
                WIG/GHTI

Comment

Gents,
                  A Company has been found,Thanks for all the invites.
                  I wanted to be courteous and be granted slots,rather than just get the guys to register,
                  Skip,
                  See you at Manassas Sir,
                  looking forward to coming across the pond again.
                  Cheers
                  J.T.
                  Jason Tailford

Lazy Jacks Mess
                  Liberty Rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Woodburn View Post
                    Thanks Pete!!!

Paul, it is setup via Paypal and all electronic online. There is a way to pay with a debit card or credit card on Paypal. I've not looked into that yet to post. If someone can put those directions on here for everyone, that would be great.
                    For paypal, once you've set up an account with them all you have to do is-

Once your on your main account screen, go to the tab at the top that says "profile." There you can edit or set up a bank account and edit or set up a credit/debit card. Once those are established you will be able to pay via credit or debit card or you can be like me and just send money straight from your bank account to whomever you are giving money. In order to send money, for those who don't know, at the top of the screen is the "send money" tab. You need the PAYPAL EMAIL address of the person to whom you are giving money and when you enter the "send money" tab, all you have to do is enter the receiver's paypal email address and the amount you want to send. Then the funds come straight out of the bank account or are charged to your card.
                    Kenny Pavia
                    24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Many of you have asked at what time will registration open on the 15th. Here's what I'll do to see that you can get registered and still make it to work. I'm going to start taking the individual company registration pages and making them live between 6:00am and 6:30am Central time (7:00am - 7:30am for those on Eastern, 5:00am - 5:30am for Mountain, and 4:00am - 4:30am for Pacific, and you guys across the pond will need to check how that works for you). It will take me 30 minutes to get all pages online and I'll start at Co. A and work through the letters. I will email the company points of contact when all registration pages are live, so they can in turn mass email all the guys on their lists. I will also post the links to the registration pages here on the AC. Tell and email all your friends NOW to be ready next Wednesday morning, June 15th. This will be a big online push and shove to get in. I will begin posting registered company rosters on the AC and within each of the individual company folders within a week, so by June 22nd. If a company closes and you cannot get in it, and you still want to come to The Grand Adventure (and you're going to want to with all that we have planned), contact another company to get in with them. You can still vist with your pards in camp, you'll just be in another company when we're formed. No big deal and you'll make some new friends. We are going to be awesome! OK, 6:00am - 6:30am Central time, next Wednesday, June 15th. Go boys go!
                      Matt Woodburn
                      Retired Big Bug
                      WIG/GHTI

Comment

Friends,

I anticipate our LR company filling up rapidly as we have many past and present members trying to go. Would one of the companies out there be willing to accept some of our spill-over? Not looking for reserved spots or special treatment, just looking for a place to direct our guys if this happens. You can cross reference any of their names with our roster on our website, and I completely vouch for all of them in terms of impression and positive attitude!
                        Paul Boccadoro
                        Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Paul,

Do you think you'll get all your 39 slots registered next week?
                          Matt Woodburn
                          Retired Big Bug
                          WIG/GHTI

Comment

Guys,

As we approach registration day, Wednesday, June 15th, I want you to know that you will be able to pay via Paypal, or if you don't have a Paypal account, you can pay with a debit or credit card. You will be walked through the process on the registration page for your company. This info below outlines how to do the latter:

"Your registrants do not need to log into PayPal to pay for your event.

When registrants select "Pay by credit card", they go to PayPal to make their payment. When they arrive at the PayPal screen, the left side of the screen allows them to enter their billing information, and then click Review Order and Continue.

The right side of the screen gives them an option to log into PayPal, if they have an account.

If you are paying with a credit card associated with another PayPal account, you will be required to log into that account to complete the transaction. Otherwise, you will need to pay with another credit card not already associated with an existing account. If registrants are being forced to sign up for a PayPal account, you should check to see if PayPal Optional is turned off. If PayPal Account Optional is turned off, people without PayPal accounts must sign up of a PayPal account. They can pay by credit card, but they must agree to sign up for a PayPal account before completing their transactions and making their payments."
                            Matt Woodburn
                            Retired Big Bug
                            WIG/GHTI

Comment

Given some of the comments in this thread, it seems a little reminder may be in order:

The Minnehaha (bearing the 15th Iowa) arrived at Pittsburg Landing very early on the morning of the 6th, and the regiment was ordered off a few hours later (10 AM) once it was clear the attack was deadly serious. They drew ammuniton once ashore and were in the fight on the 6th with the rest of the Army of the Tennessee. They were not under Buell or Nelson or any other later reinforcing force.

I am sure that the fact that the 15th arrived on a steamboat once the fighting was underway (just barely underway, but still) has contributed to this confusion. It doesn't help that Cyrus Boyd (our main primary source on the regiment) had such a atypical AotT reaction to the fight- he sounds like a member of the AotO when he credits Buell with the victory and pillories Grant. (Believe me, though- his criticism of Grant is nothing compared to what he heaps on his company officers as the war drags on and he hasn't wrangled a commission yet!)
                              Arch Campbell
                              Hairy Nation
                              Loyal Union League
                              Past Master of Martin Lodge #624, GL of Iowa AF & AM

"Secessionists and Rebel Traitors desiring a fight can be accomodated[sic]on demand." -David Moore

Comment

Hey Matt, yes, I think we might. Seems like we will have a lot of Inactive members coming out of the woodwork for this one.
                                Paul Boccadoro
                                Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X