Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Shiloh FEDERAL Paddle Wheeler Adjunct

Paul,

OK, talk it up this weekend with other company commanders and see if you can find them slots. They need to know they'll be formed up with the other company and camped with them. They can visit with their pards all they want in camp. I don't want a company of 80 men and one of 8 men, which is another reason I'm doing this. This will give a real feel for guys from "the same county that had to enlist in another company when a company really filled up in 1862." This is going to turn into a real online push and shove to get registered.

All of you get you emails and phone calls to pards out this weekend. Be ready on Wednesday! When you register, you'll get a notification AND an email confirming you are registered so you don't have to wonder if you made it. I have half of the registration websites built and the others will be completed this weekend.

This thing is going to be huge and alot of fun!
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

150th Shiloh FEDERAL Paddle Wheeler Adjunct

Paul as I said there are options and I sent you my recommendations on spill over companies. Talking with SG members coming out of the wood work for this one too, the southern Guard(and friends) company might fill quickly too!!
      [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
      [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

The sun is barely up and we're just over 24 hours away from opening registration. If you have any friends that you want on this adventure, today is the day to email them. Registration opens tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15th between 6:00am and 6:30am. I'll start with opening Co. A and work through the letters and then the staff. All should be online by 6:30am. I will email the company commanders/points of contact with the link to the individual company registration pages. You want to be on a company email list as I'm sending them there first and they will be mass emailed out. Since it's a mass email, check your spam folder too just in case your computer puts it there. I will also post the registration links here in this folder. Get ready guys. This thing is going to hit fast and hard.

(I've gone to about every kind of car race there is. In my head right now I can hear all of you around the country starting your get ready to register engines. And I've got to tell you, it's deafening! Go boys go!)
        Matt Woodburn
        Retired Big Bug
        WIG/GHTI

Comment

Boogity boogity boogity lets go racing boys!!!
          Andy Miller
          Co. A, 1st Minn.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

These are the registration links for the companies. You must first contact the company commander/point of contact to get permission to register with that company. The contact email address for each company is in the upper left of each company's registration page. See all of you at the river bank!

Company A, Kiev Thomason, Armory Guards

Company B, Nate Petersburg and Cameron Stinnett, Old Guard

Company C, Mark Heidlebaugh and Bob Welch, Iowa Boys

Company D, Jeff Hayes and Paul Boccadoro, Liberty Rifles

Company E, Jim Butler, SCAR

Company F, Pete Berezuk, Columbia Rifles

Company G, Dennis Neal, 16th LA and AL, MS LA, TX, AR

Company H, Jordan Ricketts and John Wickett, GHTI

Company I, Joe Blunt, Brent Brumagin, Dan Gidick, Southern Guard/Palmetto Guard/48th NY/Independent Volunteers

Company K, Jeremy Bevard, Sally Port Mess and MI
            Matt Woodburn
            Retired Big Bug
            WIG/GHTI

Comment

Is the registration page the same as the website for the event? When I follow the Co. K link that says to go the event website it just takes me back to the Co. K registration page.
              Kenny Pavia
              24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

As of 11:15am CST we have 209 registered (420 max), so that's 50%!. Go guys go! You're doing great. At 50% sold out, you NEED to tell your pards via phone, email, etc. to register NOW. This is going fast!
                Matt Woodburn
                Retired Big Bug
                WIG/GHTI

Comment

Try clicking on the button which says, "Continue Registration," not the one which says, "Go back to event page."
                  Silas Tackitt,
                  one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Can you publish the list of who is in what company, so for us who have friends in different company can figure out where to hang our hat.
                    Last edited by Huck; 06-15-2011, 01:32 PM.
                    Aka
                    Wm Green :D
                    Illegitimi non carborundum
                    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
                    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Originally posted by Huck View Post
                      Can you publish the list of who is in what company, so for us who have friends in different company can figure out where to hand our hat.
                      Click on the individual Co. registration link, then click on the blue, register now link, the next page will show you everyone who has already registered for that company. You can stop there and back out of that page, or continue on and register with that group.
                      Brian Hicks
                      Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Kenny,

There is an event website, but Tripp Corbin's computer blew up and he just got it working again yesterday. I'll get it posted as soon as the event website is done and all of you can see what you just registered for!
                        Matt Woodburn
                        Retired Big Bug
                        WIG/GHTI

Comment

Congrats to Company I for being the first to fill their ranks. Company K is two men away from closing. Companies B and D are in the 30s and filling fast. We're at 230 total.

When companies fill all the way up the late guys for that company will start pounding the other company commander/points of contact to let them register in their company. Get ready points of contact!!! They are coming. If your company is filling slowly, tell your guys to hustle. This whole thing will be sold out within a week. Tonight is when guys will be home from work and able to register. They are coming fast and hard tonight!!!
                          Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 06-15-2011, 01:30 PM.
                          Matt Woodburn
                          Retired Big Bug
                          WIG/GHTI

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Woodburn View Post
                            Get ready points of contact!! They are coming fast and hard tonight!!!
                            They need to contain that excitement until the actual event.
                            Scott House

Comment

Huck,

I'll post names in which companies, but probably not until next week. Tonight will be spent fixing a few registrations and then I'm booked solid until next Mon. or Tue. night. Follow Brian hicks Instructions on how to check the companies that he posted in this folder.
                              Matt Woodburn
                              Retired Big Bug
                              WIG/GHTI

Comment

First 24 hours: 273 registered! That's 2/3rds registered. Keep up the great work guys! Four companies are completely filled with another getting close.
                                Matt Woodburn
                                Retired Big Bug
                                WIG/GHTI

Comment

Working...
                                X