The Occupation of New Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Occupation of New Madrid

Folks, in order to get final aspects organized for this I am going to put a cut-off date of February 12 for registration. Please submit before that deadline.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I've extended the registration deadline to this Sunday but that will need to be it. So, if you are interested in attending please get those in. You can find further info on the Facebook page that is linked earlier in this thread. Also, please not that the dates are actually the 9-11 and not the 16-18.
      Michael Comer

Comment

I've had a couple of fellows drop out due to personal conflicts. If there is anyone that would like to attend in their place, please let me know.
        Michael Comer

Comment

Thanks so much for putting on a wonderful event. Mud march, terrific commissary Steve and family, excellent officers and NCOs, Bring the dog back next time you have an event. Terrific tours of civil war New Madrid and the Hunter House. even the pre-event throwed rolls.
          Thanks again for a great weekend.
          Mark Hess
          Mark Hess

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Mark. I enjoyed having all the participants here and the weather cooperated nicely for us. Nothing like hiking - slogging would be a better word actually - through Swampeast Missouri gumbo after 2.5 inches of rain earlier in the week to make for an aerobic experience!
            Michael Comer

Comment

Just got home. Had a great time. We prisoners were treated to a seamless 1862 experience. Can't thank everybody enough.

As for the rest of the story: Lt. Hall (me) will die June 6, 1862 at 4th St Hospital, St Louis, of chronic diarrhea. His wife back in Arkansas will raise their five children alone and never remarry. Pvt. Henshaw (Don) has a fate which is something of a mystery. The roster says he was "taken prisoner but has never been heard of since," and there's no record of him in the census postwar with that name.

Hank Trent
              hanktrent@gmail.com
              Hank Trent

Comment

Had a blast!!!

Matt Bohnert
                T.I.G MESS
                Matt Bohnert
                T.I.G. Mess

Comment

Working...