Surrender of Secession - Westville, GA 1865 - OCt 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surrender of Secession - Westville, GA 1865 - OCt 2012

Doug, Send me a PM or email at unionguy1@comcast.net and have your wife contact Linda Nyland at svarvar@bellsouth.net as she approves all womens roles.

Thanks,
    Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Comment

Jim, is the web site down? I could not get to it to register. I have been there before but it appears to be down at the present time.

Ken R KNopp

Whhoops! Never mind...I was at the old "surrenders" site. Now I am back in 1865 again. Thank goodness. This 2012 stuff is too unpredictable!!
      Last edited by Ken Knopp; 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

2012 Event website is www.surrenderofsecession.com

The 2010 site is gone.

Thanks,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

That link is broke.
          Virginia S. Wood
          Marietta, GA

[I]Direct descendant of [/I]
          [LIST][*]William Lawson Griffin -- 1st Sgt. Co. D, 5th NC Cavalry (63rd Regiment NC State Troops).[*]Benjamin Sutton -- Pvt., Co. I, 8th NC Infantry[*]James Madison Bryan -- Pvt., Co. I, 3rd FL Infantry[*]Elijah Dyal -- Lt., Co. H, 20th GA Infantry[*]Robert Brinkley Swift -- Pvt., Co. H, 6th NC Infantry[/LIST]
          and indirectly of a host of uncles and cousins, Confederates all.

Comment

Originally posted by docwood View Post
            That link is broke.
            I tried it just now and it loads a little slow, but it works for me.

Hank Trent
            hanktrent@gmail.com
            Hank Trent

Comment

The event website has been updated at www.surrenderofsecession.com

Thanks,
              Jim Butler
              Jim Butler

Comment

I finally sent in my registration today.
                Michael Comer
                one of the moderator guys

Comment

The restaurant of Westville (name forthcoming) is now taking resumes for a secondary cook, preferably someone with experience baking over an open fire.

If interested, please contact: paulboulden@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Paul B.
                  Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
                  (Loblolly Mess)
                  [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Comment

Early registration for Surrender of Secession closes August 30th. The late fee goes up $10. The website is www.surrenderofsecession.com

Thanks,
                    Jim Butler
                    Jim Butler

Comment

Some of you regaled in the Sparks of Secession in 1861 with fire-eating speeches, bbq pig and the call to the war drums. Others you cried at the Struggles of Secession with shortages, loss of loved ones, ruthless speculators and armed deserters. And finally, some of you may be bent, but not broken at the Surrender of Secession where northern carpetbaggers and Yankees spell trouble, but also welcome greenbacks that revitalize your broken economy.
                      Well, we are at 4 weeks out from the start of the final third part of the Westville Trilogy. What makes this series successful is what each of you brings to the event. I had a coordinator reply to us, "Hey, you guys got 25 coordinators...Is EVERYONE a coordinator." My replied was..."Actually...almost.". Why? Because many of you of you bring the three legs of authentic reenacting. Many bring researched knowledge on their role/vignettes and knowledge of 19th c. culture and finally quality, material/dress impression.
                      I believe the SCAR organizers and coordinators continue to challenge you and try to raise the bar higher with each event. We are putting TREMENDOUS detail into this event. Down to printing of labor contracts to a fully functional economy. From, court stamper to legitimize all documents to variosu period meals and menus at the Boarding House and Restraunt. From military records of Confederate veterans and Federal soldiers to A fully operation Freedmans Bureau and District Court.
                      With so many uknown variables in first person, we usually miss that high bar, but come as close as possible. Hopefully, we walk away feeling challenged and have had a great experience.
                      We also strive to help preserve the Historic Westville site and help caer for it. Part of you registration money goes as a donation to the sight. But, most of all, when you purchase any food or pay for food with period currency, you are donating to Historic Westville as we will donate the returned postage currency back to the site as a donation. Also, at Church Service on Sunday, the plate will passed, but this also a donation to the site and also a way to gather up any remaining loose period currency. Only Approved Vendors can cash in notes, thus you can not tunr them in for cash at the end. So, use 'em or lose 'em. So, far we have helped repair several buildings and actually save the West Cabin with the help of all of you.
                      Finally, I am nervous, excited about the upcoming event, but anxiously await what each of you will recreate at this event. I will be sorry to see 1865 come to a close.
                      Thanks so much,
                      Jim Butler
                      Jim Butler

Comment

Working...
                      X