150th Perryville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Perryville

Is there a Confederate adjunct for this event?
    M. Payne
    Louisville, Ky
    5th (9th) KY, Breckinridge Greys
    1st Manassas - July 2011
    March From Corinth to Shiloh - March 2012
    BGA Shiloh - March / April 2012
    Perryville 150 - Oct 2012

Comment

Preservation March and Tactical
      During the early afternoon hours of October 8, 1862 two opposing military forces assembled to engage in what would become knows as the Battle of the Chaplin Hills or Perryville! They fought across a landscape that would forever be changed by their actions. Preservation efforts are on-going at Perryville and large tracts of land upon which the armies engaged are now being actively protected and interpreted.

If you are a reenacting participant at Perryville’s 150th Anniversary Event you have the chance to assemble with the army and advance to engage in a preservation march and tactical experience that is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you would like to take advantage of this experience please indicate your intentions on your registration form.

The preservation march and tactical will start on Thursday afternoon. Registration will open at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday October 4, 2012 and you will be able to complete registration and proceed to the remote locations that will serve as assembly areas for the march. Guidance to these areas will be posted at reenactor registration. The march will commence early on Friday morning and the tactical is expected to last throughout the day on Friday. All branches are highly encouraged to attend. Organizations and individuals are welcome and invited to participate!

The Union and Confederate forces will enter the tactical area upon routes that have not been used by Civil War soldiers for 150 years. Please help us ensure that these areas are protected. We challenge each and every one of you who are going to participate in this rare venture to donate to http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields...rryville-2012/

Help us keep history alive – donate now! This Place Matters!

Thank You,
      Chad Greene
      Chad Greene

Comment

Contact the Southern Division via Rich Watters and inquire. I am sure they can find you a home.
        Chad Greene
        Chad Greene

Comment

PreservationMarch Information
          This is a rare opportunity to participate on historic ground!
          The Perryville 150th Preservation March will begin on Thursday eveningOctober 4. If you are participating please arrive as early as possible.Registration opens at 1:00 at the American Legion Hall in Perryville.
          Once You Register
          Confederate - you will be directed to your parking area and from there you will proceed on foot to your remote bivouac area on the historic Hankla-Goodnight Farm.
          Federal– you will be directed to your parking area and from there you will proceed to your camping areas on private and Civil War Trust land that was used by 1stCorpse as it marched onto the field.

Remote Camping Areas
          These are bivouac areas. No tents will be put up. We are guest upon these properties so please treat it accordingly. Parts of these areas are in Conversation Resource Management please do not cut any trees of any size. Fires will be very limited and wood will be provided. If you construct a shebang please pack in whatever you’re going to need to do that.

March Routes
          Both routes into the park are historic routes upon which the respective armies used during the battle on October 8, 1862. These routes are across private property and land recently purchased bythe Civil War Trust.

Can Cavalry and Artillery Participate
          YES – this is a great opportunity for both branches to participate on historic ground!

How Late Can I Arrive?
          We would advise you to arrive on Thursday afternoon, but you can access the remote sites until midnight on Thursday when tactical maneuvers are scheduled to begin. If you are going to be later than that please make sure you make special arrangements with your overall command staff.

Tactical Situation
          Once the march leaves private grounds and enters the park proper the tactical will begin. All branches will have the opportunity to participate in field maneuvers over historic land. This is totally unscripted and all movements will follow 19thcentury military tactics, protocol to reach pre-determined objectives.

If You Can’t Arrive until Friday, but still want to participate in thetactical.
          Yes you can still participate. The US and CS command staff implemented plans that will allow forces to be added throughout the day on Friday. If your group would like to do that please contact:
          RichardWatters (Southern Division) at richwatters@lazerlink.com
          MicahTrent (Western Federal Blues) at federalslouch@yahoo.com

You Can Help Preserve this National Historic Landmark! Donate today at: http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/perryville/perryville-2012/
          Last edited by Micah Trent; 08-13-2012, 08:38 AM.
          Micah Trent
          Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
          Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Perryville Authenticity Contest

Attention! Attention!
            Two Thousand Dollars in prize money will be awarded at the 150th Perryville Anniversary Event! A private sponsor is donating $2000.00 in cash prizes for the most authentic at Perryville.
            These prizes will be awarded for the most authentic group in the infantry, cavalry and artillery for each army as well as most authentic civilian group. Individual prizes will also be awarded.
            Judging will be done by an anonymous panel who will judge all participants on their authenticity and conduct in camp and in the field. Authenticity awards will be made just before the battle reenactment on Sunday.
            If you have not yet registered for the event please don’t wait for the last minute. Registration closes on September 15, but you can register now at www.perryvillebattlefield.org

See you in the field!
            Chad Greene
            Chad Greene

Comment

Re: wagon bounties available for Perryville

All,
              We have a 500.00 bounty for wagons. The gentlemen that was going to provide the wagons could not come due to family issues. We need 1 wagon for the CS Army and 1 for the US Army. These wagons will be needed on the preservation march. If you are interested in doing this please contact me asap at chadgreene104@hotmail.com
              Thanks,
              Chad Greene
              Chad Greene

Comment

Just a reminder that Registration ends September 15th. So you have three weeks to get your stuff in. Numbers are pretty even right now. Not lop sided at all, which is a good thing.
                Remember, the event goes live Thursday night at 10:00 p.m. Thursday night and Fridays Preservation March is for the reenactors by the reenactors. It will place you on actual routes the real boys took in '62. It will not be your typical bang bang shoot'em up. There will be objectives each army must meet during this march. It will test how well commanders can follow orders and how well the soldier can stand to the test. The things we have planned for the Preservation March is a rare opportunity for you. What you will experience may never happen again there.
                We hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via PM or email at federalslouch @ yahoo dot com.
                Micah Trent
                Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
                Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

All who are attending Perryville please get registered. Registration is ticking along, but we don't want to have some issue with the online registraiton 2 days before the deadline. It will take you 10 minutes to get registered and if you have issues please contact the park and they will get you taken care of.
                  Remember all of your registration money goes to the park for preservation and interpretation. You can make a difference and have fun at the same time.
                  Please do not wait - get registered.
                  Thanks,
                  Chad Greene
                  Chad Greene

Comment

Chad,
                    Just out of curiosity, what are the numbers looking like as of your last tally?
                    M. Payne
                    Louisville, Ky
                    5th (9th) KY, Breckinridge Greys
                    1st Manassas - July 2011
                    March From Corinth to Shiloh - March 2012
                    BGA Shiloh - March / April 2012
                    Perryville 150 - Oct 2012

Comment

10 days left to register
                      The Road to Perryville
                      Joseph P. Glezen, 80th Indiana, Webster’s brigade, Jackson’s division:
                      “We were ordered to (ride and fire)… Bullets were whistling over me with such fury it seemed as if no man could stand erect and live. But at the word of command, we all bounded to our fee…determined to pour the contents of our muskets into the ranks of our ungodly opposers…. It was necessary to advance about two rods (33 feet) to the top of the hill in order to bring our arms to bear against he enemy… They kept so well concealed behind trees that only a few could be seen….As we advanced to give the first fire I did not… relish the music of the relics as they whistled around my ears. … At the word fire we all pulled triggers together and then were directed to load and fire at will. Many of our guns were defective and when I rammed down my second cartridge I discovered my gun contained to loads. I reprimed…and thought I would ‘double the dose’ by firing two balls at once; buy my gun again refused to fire. I retired down the hill, took off the tube (nipple), picked the powder in the touch hole, primed, advanced and made a third effort to fire, but in vain. I then threw down my gun in disgust, picked up another, tried it with a ramrod and found it like mine-containing two loads. I picked up the second and it was in the same condition – the third ditto – the fourth had lead just about one food from the muzzle. I then concluded to get out of the way myself, as I did not like to be a target for traitors without at least an equal chance at them. So I went down about four rods (66 feet) and laid down behind a stump with a couple of wounded from my company.”
                      Chad Greene
                      Chad Greene

Comment

I haven't looked at it in the last two days, but the last time I did it was over 1200.
                        Chad Greene
                        Chad Greene

Comment

Any top rail messes or companies going to P'ville as Johnnies?
                          Nic Clark
                          2017 - 24 years in the hobby
                          Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

C'mon as 24th IL, Ol' friend... you are certainly welcome. ;)
                            Johnny Lloyd
                            John "Johnny" Lloyd
                            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                            SCAR
                            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Thanks guys for wanting me to do Fed with ya, and as an Illinois kid, I would. However, I sold off all my Fed clothing and gear during my financial crisis (which I'm still in). This is why it would be much easier for me to go CS.
                              Nic Clark
                              2017 - 24 years in the hobby
                              Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

The Road to Perryville
                                Captain Malone, staff of Maney’s brigade, Cheatham’s division:
                                “Several of the enemy’s guns were loaded and fired while we were making the charge, and it seems to me that the one pointed at the 41st Georgia was fired after George (his horse) and I passed the battery. Old George wasn’t afraid of anything … except a wagon. He had been injured, when a colt, by a runaway wagon. …Just as the 9th and I were passing through the guns George spied a caisson, and suddenly wheeling and rearing, nearly unseated me. Several of the 9th rushed out of line, calling out: “The captain’s killed,” and sized old George. …Neither George nor I received a scratch.”

Chad Greene
                                Chad Greene

Comment

Working...
                                X