150th Perryville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Perryville

I plan on being there! Just wish I had a chance to use my M1816. Two early war events as Federal and I'm 0 - 2 for getting to use it. :(
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

I now have a reason to update my Federal kit! I really enjoyed the 145th event up there and have been wanting to go back so, I plan on being there for the 150th Perryville. Sounds like another great event in the making.
      Michael Mumaugh
      Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
      Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
      Outpost III
      Pickett's Mill
      Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

I am going to try to be there!

Patrick McKiven

Appalachian Possums Mess

Comment

150th Perryville and land acquisitions

I have been sitting on this information for about a month. I knew about it at Manassas, but was sworn to secrecy. The CWT has entered into a contract with the gentlemen who own the farm surrounding the Bottom House. The CWT just went live with their appeal today. They just started the appeal and it looks like the land will be transfered in the spring of 2012.
          Saying all of this. Your registration money save the .75 cents we are paying to the webfolks for taking care of the registration will go 100% into helping with this effort. There will be much work to be done on that land including the interpretation and returning it to its battlefield appearance. In addition and with after talking with the park this morning we feel that the Federal side of the preservation will take place partially on this land. There will be another big announcement from the Civil War Trust later with some other great news!
          If you did not have a reason to come to Perryville in 2012 you sure do now! You can be sure that your money will go to the preservation and interpretation of the park. Please check out the CWT's appeal at www.civilwar.org/perryville11 to learn more about the land and the appeal.
          The Western Federal Blues and the Friends of Perryville Battlefield are partnering to make this a great event and now it is for the best cause in the world. How many of you have been to the Bottom's House and thought how great it would be to be on the farm around that house. Now YOU CAN HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN!
          Be looking for more information on the event and also please check out the Western Federal Blues on Facebook as we are raising a battalion for the Perryville 2012 event.
          Thanks,
          Chad Greene
          Chad Greene

Comment

Re: 150th Perryville and land acquisitions

All,
            Perryville's 150th planning is well underway. The Preservation March/Tactical routes are secure. If you participate in this part of the event you will be on land that hasn't been accessable for the last 150 years. Truly the last time an individual dressed in a Civil War uniform was on this ground was in October of 1862.
            Every dime of your registration money will go the presevation and interpretation of the battlefield. Your money will not go for event logistics - the Commonwealth of Kentucky is picking up that bill. You will be upon one of the most pristinely preserved battlefields in the United States and have the privelage of reenacting this battle upon the ground which our honored ancestors fought and died upon.
            Please join us and help with the preservation of this hallowed ground. I invite you to attend the 150th Annivesary of the Battle of Perryville on October 5-7, 2012!
            Chad Greene
            Chad Greene

Comment

FYI for those wanting to register early:

The Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site will have a booth set up at the Civil War Show in Franklin, TN in two weeks. Stop by the table and you can register for the event there. We are offering a registration discount, which is only good at this show, so a good time to come out and stop by.
              Micah Trent
              Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
              Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

All,
                The early registraiton for Perryville 2012 is quickly approaching. If you have not yet registered and you intend to attend the event please go ahead and get registered. It is $12.00 until December 31. Remember all of your registration money goes to preservation and interpretation here at Perryville. This is going to be an excellent event. Get registered!
                Joni House
                [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joni House[/FONT]

Comment

Just a bump. Early registration ends tomorrow. Right now it is $12.00. January 1 it goes up to $20.00, so save yourself some money and register now!
                  Micah Trent
                  Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
                  Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Just registered. Almost painless. It would have been painless but for the links which went to the 2011 commencement. Somebody might want to change those ...
                    Silas Tackitt,
                    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Silas,

Those funny links are how I ended up registering for 2012 when I was trying to register for 2011. At the time, I just sent more money and covered both.

Much fun---and looking forward to the next one.
                      Terre Hood Biederman
                      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

All,
                        The registration for the 150th Perryville is coming in at a steady rate. If you are a Federal and intend to come please get registered asap. The registration will be capped proportionally to the CS registration. If you have a federal impression find a federal organization and fall in with them. It would be excellent to see that long blue line again across the hills of Central Kentucky.
                        Chad Greene
                        Chad Greene

Comment

I saw it mentioned earlier, but what about Federal Cavalry? Is there room for Federal Cavalry for this event. I want to steer clear of the "reenactment/battles".
                          Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
                          Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by wavey1us View Post
                            I saw it mentioned earlier, but what about Federal Cavalry? Is there room for Federal Cavalry for this event. I want to steer clear of the "reenactment/battles".
                            Bill,
                            There most certainly is room for Federal cavalry! I have been asked to head up the Federal cavalry this year, and I am working on some things to make this the best Perryville yet in terms of the cavalry participation. We have a good number of authentic folks from acrocss the country coming together for this one. We will have the march in on Friday, and a variety of cool living history experiences through the weekend. We will participate in the battles, but they won't be the highlight of our event. You can contact me directly if you have any questions, or feel free to ask them here.

Take care,
                            Tom Craig
                            1st Maine Cavalry
                            Tom Craig

Comment

All,
                              The Friends of Perryville will be at the Mansfield Ohio Civil War show this weekend. We have registration with us - so if you haven't gotten signed up and you are going to be there you can register. You will get a "Flags of Perryville" print for your trouble.
                              Thanks,
                              Chad Greene
                              Chad Greene

Comment

All,
                                This is the link to the Perryville 150th Event registraiton list http://www.friendsofperryville.org/h...readsheet.html
                                Please check this site if you registered through the on-line registration or sent registraiton into the park.
                                We switched the format and I want to make sure everyone that has registered is on that list.
                                This does not include anyone who is registering through special units like the WFB or the 24th Ill. or any other organization that is also taking money for rations etc. If you registered through these units before the early registraiton cut off you should be on the list. If you are not on that list contact the registration link on the website or you can email Joni at the park and we will get you straightened out.
                                Thanks,
                                Chad
                                Chad Greene

Comment

Working...
                                X