Win a Mort Kunstler Print or Other Great Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Win a Mort Kunstler Print or Other Great Prizes

Donations to this effort thus far have made it possible to purchase the materials for the Regimental Flag. The field is already assembled and it isn't going to be long before the paint is laid. There is still much needed to finish the project entirely, not to mention our hopes to to make a nice donation to the Iowa Battle Flag Project.

There were a lot of high quality vendors and private parties who donated outstanding products for this raffle and with the Holidays under way I know everyone's attention is with their families, right where it should be. I no doubt believe the new year will bring a wave of support for what we're all trying to do in March, and I am excited to see what happens! I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season!
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Folks, I just wanted to give this a gentle bump to the top. If Santa left you a little loose cash that you're not sure what to do with, why not send a couple of bucks in to the raffle for a good cause? There are a wealth of great prizes here that your donation buys a chance at.
      Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
      My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Just sent $$ for my 6 tickets...
        Travis C. Hébert
        -------------------------
        Armory Guards / W.I.G.
        ACWRT,GBA,CWT
        -------------------------
        "Flag taking was pretty well knocked out of me" Lt Wm. Pennington, 6th Wisconsin, Co. I

Comment

As a member of the color guard, Brandon has sent us some update photos. All I can say is WOW! When we went to look at the original in July Brandon took a lot of notes and I took many photographs. So far Brandon's work is amazing. In my 21 years of reenacting on the authentic side I have never seen a flag this good before.

Send your money so this project can get finished!
          Nathan Hellwig
          AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
          "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

And don't forget, any extra funds will be used for a donation to the Iowa Battle Flag Project, which has provided valuable research for the flags for two events in the last two years.
            Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
            My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

As a side note, I wanted to thank Peter Luks and Steve Hill of Dupage Military Flag Co. for their invaluable help during this project. And again, I appreciate everyone's support!
              V/R
              [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for helping out Travis. Just wanted to point out that there are a lot of people that are making this project possible. Brandon is putting in the lion's share of the work, but information, ideas, and resources have been unselfishly given by a vast number of people.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

A gentle nudge to the top. Dont' wait until the last minute to get in.

Dave BUshmole

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has purchased tickets so far. There’s still plenty of time left to win. Don’t’ wait until it’s to late.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Boys, I was having computer issues and couldn't comment on this when it first started, so consider this a late bump to refresh your memories.

Dave, thank you so much for spearheading this. Full disclosure- I do have a dog in this hunt, as the man who will be next to Brandon carrying the other colors, I do have some money invested in this project. However, it is nowhere near as much as Brandon does- for those of you not on the inside let me just say that it ended up being considerably more expensive for him than our initial projections. But its not getting our money back that concerns me- its getting a healthy donation to the Iowa Battle Flag Project by raising funds in excess of our costs. This past summer, we saw not only the great work being done, but also the pressing need for more funding. It would be so fitting- and so appreciated- were we able to do this.
                      Arch Campbell
                      Hairy Nation
                      Loyal Union League
                      Past Master of Martin Lodge #624, GL of Iowa AF & AM

"Secessionists and Rebel Traitors desiring a fight can be accomodated[sic]on demand." -David Moore

Comment

AND THE WINNERS ARE……..

Eric Isaacs from Keokuk IA will be admiring the Mort Kunstler print Night Crossing as he gears up for his next event.

Dale Zartmen from Etters PA will be looking first class with a new hat from Tim Bender while saving $114.

Josh Kerner from Norfolk VA will be going Federal wearing a new sack coat from Brandon Jolly.

Travis Hebert from Decatur GA will be breaking in a Confederate cartridge box from Missouri Boot and Shoe.

David Worsham from company G 15th IA will be quenching his thirst with a Federal smoothside canteen from George McGillis with a Duval leather strap.

Bill Bamann from Watertown NY will be buying something he needs or just wants with a $25 W&W and Co.

Rich Libicer from Las Cruces NM I am sure will have no difficulties in spending his $25 gift certificate from Tim Welch at L.D. Hanning.

Jim Schumann from Oshkosh WI will be staying warm with his hand made Balaclava by Jason Reinholz.

Andy Mouradain from Torrance CA will be keeping just as warm with his scarf also from Jason Reinholz.

I just want to thank everyone who purchased tickets and also to those who were kind enough to donate items. Again a HUGE hurrah for Brandon Jolly and all he did to make this an unforgettable event for everyone. I know that I could not have been the only one who felt his heart rise watching those two beautiful flags flying over an almost unending line of men in blue. Most of us know how challenging it can be to host or organize an event. What Matt Woodburn spearheaded is nothing short of incredible. We all took part in something that was truly amazing and will be the benchmark for years to come.

Dave Bushmole

Comment

Atta boy Hebert... Wear that Johnny Box proudly!
                          Aron Price
                          AG

Comment

Working...
                          X