Morning Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morning Sun

There were a number of CS units that were listed as dismounted cavalry but it was really in name only. They were equipped and acted as infantry.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

June 1, 2012 has been set as the deadline for registration. This will give me the necessary time to secure appropriate rations for everyone involved. Thanks.
      John Spain
      4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
      "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Just a reminder....the June 1st deadline is fast approaching. Only a little over two weeks left to get registered. Don't miss out!
        John Spain

sigpic
        "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Successful work day today. We've got the store cleaned out and ready for goods to be put on shelves. We've also got the old sharecroppers' cabin ready for folks to move in. Starting to get excited now.
          Store shelves.jpgStore bench.jpgMose Cabin Tripod.jpgMose Cabin Fireplace.jpgMose Cabin Bed.jpg
          John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Ladies and Gents,

Just a reminder: June 1st (tomorrow) is the deadline to register for Morning Sun. Thanks.

Also, we will be having a final work day on Saturday, June 9th. All are invited to come help out. Thanks.
            John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Registration is closed. Thank you to everyone who registered.
              John Spain

sigpic

Comment

The event went well. I'd like to personally thank everyone who braved the sweltering June heat, the ticks, and the chiggers to come out and make Morning Sun come alive. According to the figures, we had 176 spectators on Saturday, and 187 on Sunday, and those are just the ones accounted for. That's more people than the site regularly gets in 8 months.

A special thanks goes out to Michael Comer and Larry McCluney, the opposing commanders. You gentlemen put on a fine show, and were a joy to work with. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I'll try to get some pics uploaded soon.....
                John Spain

sigpic

Comment

As promised, here are a few images from Morning Sun:

AC Image 3.jpgAC Image 2.jpgAC Image 5.jpgAC Image 6.jpgAC Image 4.jpgAC Image 7.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  John Spain

sigpic

Comment

It was a good time at a neat place. I was impressed with the site and would be glad to do other events there.
                    Michael Comer
                    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I'd like to pin laurels on some more folks for this event. For one, my fiancée Stacie (Memphis_Belle). She was there every step of the way, helping in any way I asked, and holding me in those moments I was closest to nervous breakdown.

Tim Jaeger (tiny) for running our Commissary, and giving the Yankees hell when they raided the store and made off with the hams and other produce.

Wes Henry, a gent new to the hobby, but quickly embracing the progressive attitude. Wes was there for every work weekend, and during the event, he pulled triple duty by manning the front gate, acting as a docent in the Manor, and helping with crowd control during the scripted battles.

Finally, kudos to Darby Fitzpatrick for being something of a go-for for me all weekend.
                      John Spain

sigpic

Comment

John
                        It was great to be there... we had a great battle on saturday. Pleasure is all mine meeting Micheal. As well as all the boys from Missouri and Arkansas. See you next year.
                        Thank You,

Brent Dacus

The AC Admin
                        The Company of Military Historians
                        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust

Are you reading? I still am...

Comment

Hopefully, I'll see you before then brother.
                          John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X