Perryville-Co F 28th IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville-Co F 28th IL

Perryville is coming up quick. **Get your registrations in as it will be closing before we know it. **Here is some info from e organizers:
    "Perryville offers us the opportunity to reenact on parts of the original battlefield that were not accessible before now. **This all culminating in the Sunday battle that recreate the actions of the 24th Illinois during the actual battle on the actual ground. Aside from that, Perryville is one of the most beautiful, largest and most pristine battlefields I have been to."
    Last edited by Matt Woodburn; 07-31-2012, 07:09 AM.
    Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
    Civil War Digital Digest
    Sally Port Mess

Re: Perryville-Co F 28th IL

What bugle calls should we be memorizing for this effort? I have a couple of reference books re Perryville on order from Amazon, but what do you recommend we study to prepare us to best portray the 28th Illinois?
    Cheers!
    Paul Hadley
    Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul, from my gray perspective, the only call you need to know is retreat. Please ignore all the others....
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Hahaha -- I have that sound down from my experience with the 105th Ohio a few moons ago. From the Illini perspective, there's a Sucker born every minute.
        Paul Hadley
        Lincoln, Neb.
        Paul Hadley

Comment

How many rounds should we of the 24th bring? 40? 80? All in arsenal packs?
          Will all the rounds be collected and redistributed later? Or will we be on the honor the honor system and draw from the combined supplies rounds at least as good as what we put in? Or do we carry at all times what the individual expects to fire?
          I think I have my uniform guidelines and food questions answered. Now I just need to coax lads on the fence from these parts to get their registrations in -- mine will be postmarked Monday.
          Paul Hadley
          Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul,

I will be sending out a detailed email to the registered participants of the battalion by Sept 20th. This will have all the details. But, 80 rounds will be sufficient in arsenal packs. We will not collect and reissue ammo. Food is be handled by our competent Commisary Sgt, Jordan Ricketts.
            This is the last chance to sign up...contact Sean Cooper, our registrar at fedpard24@hotmail.com

Thanks,
            Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Jeremy -- PM sent -- not sure how early in the morning I will arrive on Saturday but I am trying to salvage as much of the weekend as possible. Work sometimes just plain gets in the way ...
              Paul Hadley
              Paul Hadley

Comment

I'll let the orderly know. Safe travels and I look forward to handshake when you get in.

Btw, your PM inbox is full.
                Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                Civil War Digital Digest
                Sally Port Mess

Comment

I'll be on the road this evening/early morning so I hope to be in Perryville in time for the afternoon aggression. Weather forecast could be better, but still am looking forward to seeing my chums.
                  Paul Working Late Hadley
                  Lonesome Mess
                  Paul Hadley

Comment

Working...
                  X