Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickamauga, Kershaw's Birgade

Gents,

The organizers of the 15th Iowa at Shiloh, 4th Texas at Antietam (Maryland my Maryland) and 2nd Mississippi at Manassas are currently working on a Chickamauga regimental effort. This will portray a brigade in Longstreets Corps from the ANV. We are working with Wambaugh on the necessary materials for the Blue-Grey English army cloth purchase.

Most of the companies of the regiment have been formed but this is a heads up to all.

The brigade impression will be determined when we find out from the event organizers the senerios being depicted at the event. Right now we are between Kershaws and Laws brigades. like at Manassas we are working with others to form other regiments in the brigade we depict. Yes we stand the chance to be in a full 1-2 regiment brigade.

Uniform requirements are being hashed out with the main intent being the accounts of the Corps sent from the east and second factor being minimal impact to the participants in the form of monetary.

Main focus being the BG English Army Cloth RD II or III Jacket which is being worked through vendors in a cost effective manner, the other details of uniformity are up to the individual companies to determine the extent they wish. No Blue issue CS trousers or BG Kersey caps are mandated, .....again this is on the commanders as we have asked them to make the decision on the uniform. We have set some conditions on the impression that will achieve the uniform look spoken in the accounts of the Eastern Brigades but also meeting our intent of minimal impact to our finances.

I also know that some already have the desired impression and this is why we have made the decision as to the extent of impression on the commanders.

As for equipment we are going along with above and making it on the commanders as to knapsacks, canteens, bedrolls ect. The only mandate is boxes on belts (per accounts) and blackened accouterments (per accounts). These are all obtainable at minimal impact to the men.

My intent is NOT to get into the weeds of impression or intent.. This is just a heads up that we a talking this effort.

Also please reach out to your POCs for the companies on the details as I sent this to them last week.

Cheers
    Skip
    [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
    [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Re: Chickamauga

Thanks for the update, Skip. This is one event that we are very much looking forward to.
    Scott Chadwick Evans
    Charleston, S.C.

Comment

Skip,
      Thanks for the heads up. I was already looking into purchasing the English cloth for something like this. Hopefully this announcement will motivate Charlie to make another run of his #K2CS sooner rather than later as he is currently sold out. Can't wait!
      Respectfully,
      Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Jon,
        Wambaugh is looking to get that material made, they are in talks with the mill now with more info to be posted by them shortly
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Is this for the park?
          Cullen Smith
          South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

No. This thread is in the Adjunct folder and concerns the mainscream event with the Blue/Gray Alliance.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Skip,
              Thanks for the heads up on Wambaugh possibly making a run of the trouser material.
              Respectfully,
              Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Very interesting project,

BUT: I think the "clothing guidelines" shall be correct. The RD IIIs are definitily an 64 product.
                Alexander Querengässer
                1st Virginia Volunteers
                Co. K "Virginia Rifles"
                Germany

Comment

Not to but in on this thread, but Alexander, a non descript Blue Gray kersey jacket are not just 1864 items. I'm sure, as with all things related to Skip and South Carolina, it will be heavily researched. Fear not.
                  Patrick Landrum
                  Independent Rifles

Comment

I can't in good conscience go to Chickamauga as ANV; my 3x great grandfather's regiment (35th IL) was routed by Longstreet's boys there. Apparently they were the last regiment to try to march to correct the placement error that made the gap in the Union lines and got hit rear and flank at the same time, then broke and ran. He lived to get shot in the face at Mission. Ridge.

That being said, any ideas or rumblings about a Federal adjunct?

Alexander Vasquez
                    Formerly of Co. C, 15 IA

Comment

Folks,

Since I've already received a couple of messages concerning our kersey project I figured I would disseminate all of the facts right here so everyone is on the same page. Whereas I normally don't like to sell or even advertise for a product until it is ready to ship, I can see that won't be the case with this one and so I'll share with you all what little information there is up to now (and this will also allow me to direct email inquiries to this thread.)

In bullet points:

-We are doing a run of English Army Cloth that will be based on the material in a surviving jacket.
                      -There will be plenty of fabric to go around.
                      -This will be a one-time run and not something we plan to stock indefinitely.
                      -We will be offering a variety of ways to get a jacket from this fabric (yardage, kits, blanks, finished jackets.)
                      -We plan to have the fabric on hand about one year out from the event.
                      -We may take pre-orders once we have everything set in stone with the mill (we are at a very early point in the process.)
                      -Brian is planning some limited runs of royal blue kersey for trousers. Once we have more information about that we will make announcements.
                      -And as information about this run becomes available we will keep everyone informed.

That's all the news that's fit to print!
                      Dan Wambaugh
                      Wambaugh, White, & Company
                      www.wwandcompany.com
                      517-303-3609
                      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

What, Rock Benning's boys no longer in the runnin'? :)
                        Bryant Roberts
                        Palmetto Guards/WIG/LR

Interested in the Palmetto Guards?
                        palmettoguards@gmail.com

Comment

Here to support in any way I can... rather do this one than Goofysburg 150th. ;)
                          Johnny Lloyd
                          John "Johnny" Lloyd
                          Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                          SCAR
                          Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                          Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                          Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                          Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

On board for this!
                            Joe Knight

Armory Guards
                            Yocona Rip Raps
                            "Semper Tyrannis."

Comment

Ready for Chickamauga, had an ancestor in 43rd Alabama Inf. but either way can't wait. Getting ready for Maryland My Maryland.
                              Dean Burchfield
                              [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]WIG [I]The Old Guard[/I][/FONT][/B]
                              Cleburnes
                              Hard Case Boys
                              Green Bottle Mess

[I][U]PM Joseph Warren #71 F & AM [/U][/I]

Un soldat sera long et dur combat pour un peu de ruban de couleur.
                              Napoléon Bonaparte
                              A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Comment

Working...
                              X