Clear All

Re: 24th Mich - CPH Brigade at BGA Gettysburg June 27-30, 2013

Bounty men? Really?
    Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri Infantry
    Independent Volunteer Battalion
    www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

"Shirkers and Tenderfoots need not apply."
      But, Capn Cold Steele, "shirker" is my best and most practiced impression!
      Registration for F Co. arriving via overland express.
      Paul Hadley
      Survivor, AHT
      Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul,

Glad to hear it! It has been a while since AHT, but we'll do it just as well or better this year.

It would be nice to have a reunion of sorts of the "Stillwater Guards" at BGA in Company F. A fine group of men.

Tom Steele
        Thomas Steele
        Sally Port Mess
        Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
        Old Northwest Volunteers

Marmadukes Raid II
        BGA Gettysburg - 24th Mich, Co. F
        Fort Sanders - 20th Mich

Comment

Folks,

For those interested in coming out to take part in this effort, please consider joining Co. B if you need a home. Here is a FB page for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/420336151367735/
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Boys, I can't offer a cash bounty but by golly I can bring pie! If you sign up for Co. B I'll cart some of my wife's excellent fried pies out to Pennsylvania for you.
            Michael Comer
            one of the moderator guys

Comment

Hey Boys

I just registered for Steele's company and it said that there are only 17 days left for registration. You need to get a move on if you are going.

Jason Reinholz

Comment

Gents,
                Company F of the 1st regiment, Murray’s Brigade for BGA Gettysburg is now at 14! Let’s keep these numbers growing as this is NOT an event to be missed.
                The Company F Roster is as follows:
                Brad Argue
                Jon Droska
                Dave Frohmader
                Paul Hadley
                Jim Hurlburt
                Brian Jankowski
                Tom Klas
                Daryl Koehn
                David Laspa
                Austin Motte
                Jason Reinholz
                Thomas Steele
                John Wedeward

Whether it is Co. F or another company, get signed up for Murray’s Brigade. Find a company, find your pards and get registered. There is extensive planning going on and I am, among many, excited to see this event kick off!

I’d love to see more quality, eager faces in Company F. But, I’m sure if “F” doesn’t suit you, there are plenty of other excellent companies under outstanding commanders in the 1st Regiment! Find one and sign on!

1st Regiment Company F Registration page: “ONV/SPM Steele” Company
                Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
                Thomas Steele
                Sally Port Mess
                Old Northwest Volunteers

Marmadukes Raid II
                Fort Sanders - 20th Mich

Comment

Registered and paid for the company commanded by Capt. Andy Roscoe!!!
                  Kenny Pavia
                  24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Come on lads! Today is the last day to register for BGA Gettysburg!

Company F is still loking for good quality men and has room for more ONV brothers! Don't be one of those fellows who wished they went when they hear the stories - be part of the stories!

1st Regiment - Murray's Brigade
                    "ONV/SPM Steele Company" - Company F 24th Mich / 1st Maryland Potomac Home Brigade Registration:
                    Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Regards,

Thomas Steele
                    Captain, Co. F (ONV/SPM Company)
                    24th Mich / 1st Maryland PHB
                    BGA Gettysburg -150th
                    Thomas Steele
                    Sally Port Mess
                    Old Northwest Volunteers

Marmadukes Raid II
                    Fort Sanders - 20th Mich

Comment

Well... That certainly raised the bar for adjunct events. At moment an old Heathism comes forefront to mind.

Carpe Eventum

Best line of the weekend:

"I am busy, go away until I dress my line..."
                      Mike Phineas
                      Arlington, TX
                      24th Missouri Infantry
                      Independent Volunteer Battalion
                      www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

I agree, quite a memorable quote. And we will never forget the rebel squirrel!
                        Jonathan Siltman
                        24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
                        Bully Boys Mess
                        www.24thmissouri.org
                        Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew
                        Good ol' Fashion Troublemaker

Comment

Yeah, I bet Heath's still trying to figure out who put that squirrel in his tent.

Thanks to Will and Jeremy and everyone else who put this thing together. Great event!
                          Andrew Keehan
                          23 of A

Comment

Gents,

Greetings! If you are on this email, you were in the 24th Michigan and 1st Maryland at BGAburg. As we broke up at the end, we promised to keep you informed of upcoming chances to “get the band back together.” As we look forward past the end of the 150s, there is a great chance brewing.

Last time we were together, it was on eastern soil, Gettysburg. This opportunity it will be western soil and actual land – Perryville, October 7-9, 2016! A few weeks ago, we got in a conversation with Rob Murray and Joe Beedle. They want to put a regiment together for that event. At the end of the conversations, Will pitched that we would provide the left wing of Rob’s effort.

We want you to join us! Will Eichler will serve as major and wing commander. Jeremy Bevard will be the sergeant major. There will be a few more jobs to fill. The portrayal is being finalized, but we can say it will be across the field from Herb Coats and the WIG CS battalion. Though a lot of details are in the air (face it, some of you are just done with Bentonville and others are joining us at Sailor’s Creek this weekend) we can say the goal for each company this time will be larger. Our goal is to see 40 man companies in the field.

This email is a “save the date” notice. Let us know if you are interested, please. We will put out more as soon as it is available, via email, web, FaceBook and the A/C.

Hope to march with you all at Perryville, Oct 7-9, 2016.

Yours in history,
                            Will Eichler and Jeremy Bevard
                            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                            Civil War Digital Digest
                            Sally Port Mess

Comment

Working...
                            X