Vicksburg Living History Dates Set- CS, US and Civilian- May 3-5, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vicksburg Living History Dates Set- CS, US and Civilian- May 3-5, 2013

Having only recently found some ancestors in high number Georgia units that were there, I'd love to attend this.
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Stand for Missouri boys! 1st/4th Consolidated MO Inf. will be the impression - just about makes me giddy!
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Warren, if you like chiggers, sun-caused dementia, and lack of shade, feel free to throw in with the AG effort on the south end of the park next May.

With any luck, you can watch me slowly loose my mind again in a similar manner to my 2007 incarnation.

As for a specific unit impression, the AG guys are at least looking to have a display set up for visitors that give information on Barton's and Cumming's regiments. Some guys have ancestors in the 42nd Ga, 52nd Ga, 54th Ga, 56th Ga, 43rd Ga, etc, etc. So each command gets exposure to the visitors. The specific impression is still be debated by King Robby and myself.
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

Comrades, I learned the hard way from Shiloh not to make promises about being able to attend events long in advance (the 150th Shiloh falling at exactly the same time as our major annual Fleet antiterrorism exercise shot that particular dream to smithereens, and to think about it even today gives me pangs of regret), but there is a very good chance I can get to Vicksburg in May. That 3rd Louisiana or 1st/4th Consolidated Missouri impression both sound fantastic. Please do keep me informed of the preparations.
          Chad Teasley

"Mississippians don't know, and refuse to learn, how to surrender to an enemy."
          Lt Col James Autry, CSA, May 1862

Comment

Anything for 3rd U.S. Regulars? First at Vicksburg! Either way I am looking forward to this event, especially since some of the other L.H. events at Vicksburg fizzled out this year.
            Michael Mumaugh
            Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
            Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
            Outpost III
            Pickett's Mill
            Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

I mean to say 13th U.S.
              Michael Mumaugh
              Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
              Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
              Outpost III
              Pickett's Mill
              Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

Negative Mumaugh.
                Patrick Landrum
                Independent Rifles

Comment

There's a Facebook page for those who wish to take part in the Missourian impression at the living history next year. Pop over there and join us. I'll be posting impression guidelines and tidbits of info about these fellows at Vicksburg. I'm very excited to be able to do this impression and thank Patrick for allowing it to go forward.

Here's the page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/394477700603427/
                  Michael Comer
                  one of the moderator guys

Comment

Patrick,

Would it be possible to post a list of what impressions are being presented at Vicksburg, and the applicable point of contact heading up each unit? (If this information is still being worked out and not yet finalized, that's completely understandable.)

Please allow me to echo Mr. Comer's gratitude to you for putting this together. Thank you!
                    Chad Teasley

Comment

Still being worked out Chad. Once everything is set in stone I'll release the information.
                      Patrick Landrum
                      Independent Rifles

Comment

Copy, Pat. Thanks again!
                        Chad Teasley

Comment

I had ancestors in the 57th GA, would love to do a Cumming's Brigade impression
                          Matthew Young

Comment

Matt, hit me up for particulars. Senor Landrum has given The Armory Guards a go for TEAM GEORGIA next year.
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

Eric Fair and I are recruiting men for our 45th Illinois company. We are to camp at the Shirley House for the weekend.
                              Contact me if you are interested.
                              Nathan Hellwig
                              AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                              "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I've been looking for an excuse to head west this year. Count me in.

This will also justify my owning a Columbus Depot jacket all these years.
                                Robert Carter
                                69th NYSV, Co. A
                                justrobnj@gmail.com
                                www.69thsnyv.org

Comment

Working...
                                X