150th Battle of Pickett's Mill May 30th - June 1st, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 150th Battle of Pickett's Mill May 30th - June 1st, 2014

What Confederate cavalry units were present in this battle?

Jeff Burress
    Last edited by Coatsy; 03-09-2014, 10:52 PM.
    Jeff Burress

Comment

This will be my first campaigner event. My dad and I will be falling in with the ONV company. We are flying out all the way from California. It sounds like my time on cross country and track will pay of with all the matching that we will be doing. I have a question regarding registration. What is the address in which I send my dad's and my application? Thanks folk hope to meet all you folk there!
      Kyle O'Brien
      Northern California : ACWA

20th Maine Co.G
      4th Virginia Co. A
      3rd US Artillery Co. B (1861)

Comment

The website has all the registration information. Glad to have you falling in with us in the ONV.
        Ivan Ingraham
        AC Moderator

Comment

Kelly's Division was present, with the 53rd Alabama Cavalry being one of the primary units in Kelly's Division.

Bob McClendon
          Last edited by Coatsy; 03-09-2014, 10:51 PM.
          Bob McClendon

Comment

Kyle, the event website is here: http://armoryguardsevents.webs.com/ Ivan is correct, all the info, history, guidelines, etc are there. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me.

Bob is correct that General John Kelly's Division was present at the battle. Check here for some more information regarding the specific units involved with the battle., http://www.civilwarvirtualtours.com/...rofbattle.html
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

I am really looking forward to this! My first campaigner event with the Possum Skinners Mess!
              Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
              150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
              150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
              Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
              Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
              Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
              Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
              154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
              Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
                Kyle, the event website is here: http://armoryguardsevents.webs.com/ Ivan is correct, all the info, history, guidelines, etc are there. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me.
                Thanks for the reply. My dad and I sent in our registrations applications and fees yesterday evening.
                Kyle O'Brien

20th Maine Co.G
                4th Virginia Co. A

Comment

Stephen, you'll enjoy it. Trust me!

Kyle, yes indeed. You two are registered for the event.

Thank you!
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

Just got my bully buy in today from LD Haning!! 1864 is looking good till somebody comes marching through Georgia...
                    Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
                    150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
                    150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
                    Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
                    Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
                    Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
                    Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
                    154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
                    Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

Overall commanders, and company commanders should have a moderate sized message from me in their email In-Boxes. Just a general FYI, CS companies are capped at 22.

Blue Team, The Sherm expects much from you, so get registered.
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

Friends, just a reminder. You are registered with a COMPLETED registration form and funds. If I just get a form and no funds, you are not registered.

Thanks all!
                        Herb Coats
                        Armory Guards &
                        WIG

Comment

A few of the AG guys had a short, but necessary work day at the site a few weekends back, the leaves are coming in, and all is looking good. The trails are in great condition. (What I consider "great" may differ from you consider "great") I cannot stress enough to be prepared to move around in full marching order (travel light friends) at the event. We aren't going on a 10 mile march, but ravines will be traversed. Get ready to follow in the footsteps of Hazen, Gibson, Govan and Lowery's men.

Path to Victory! or misery, or both. You decide!
                          Herb Coats
                          Armory Guards &
                          WIG

Comment

Looks like allot of fun! What distance could we expect to traverse on marches?
                            Kyle O'Brien

20th Maine Co.G
                            4th Virginia Co. A

Comment

Kyle- If you are on-the-fence on it: This is a great event and worth the trip from California. When I lived in CT, I flew down for the 2008 event and the land layout/immersion factor is great. Well worth the time and money for a hobbyist that wants a challenge.

As to exact distance, Herb can probably elaborate. :)
                              Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 04-16-2014, 11:47 AM.
                              Johnny Lloyd
                              John "Johnny" Lloyd
                              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                              SCAR
                              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

On the contrary I'm really looking forward to it! The marches are the challenge im really looking forward to. I think my time on varsity track will go to good use. :)
                                Kyle O'Brien

20th Maine Co.G
                                4th Virginia Co. A

Comment

Working...
                                X