Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overland Campaign/Petersburg?

Michael - from the Facebook page by John Pagano, organizer, July 10, 2013

"I was told this afternoon that as soon as I finish up some event specs this week, the website is going active PDQ. It will be the basic stuff and will be ever expanded once operational. Thanks for the support. Huzzah..."

scroll on down through the comments and you will see quite a bit of info on the vision for this event.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Michael, I sent you a PM.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by hamsalad View Post
        That would be a great event to attend Jason. Still, I am wondering if people know some ww1 reenactors as they have practice at setting up trench warfare events. Though I do not know if they are big, it would still be a great way to get more information on how to get a trench warfare event to happen.
        I'm involved with an annual mainstream/campaigner event called Camp Geiger, in Whitehall, PA. We have about fifty yards of opposing Civil War period trenches, that have been worked on and improved for about five years. The ground is such that you can't see the opponent's main line of trenches, except from the rifle pits. The campaigners live in and behind the trenches, while the mainstreamers leave their camps in the rear, for periods of trench duty. The trench scenario starts on Saturday morning and stays live until Sunday afternoon. We schedule one major attack each day for the benefit of the spectators. For the participants, it's understood that the trenches extend for miles. No going around the flanks!

Given reenactor's limited resources and time, you need to find a piece of land that can stay in trenches from one year to the next. Our land belongs to Whitehall Township and is part of a big park that supports the annual reenactment. (Parking, etc,)
        Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

If anyone is looking for a home for The 150th of Bermuda Hundred in April 2014 and wants to portray the Army of the Tennessee SCAR is raising a company. Send me a message if you are interested.
          Tyler Underwood
          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
          Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Working...
          X