Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40th Indiana Company H Living History June 27-29, 2014 Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 40th Indiana Company H Living History June 27-29, 2014 Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Park

A good time, indeed. The company had great leadership, challenges were overcome, great commissary thanks to Matt Woodburn, and several great boxes "from home." Everyone in our company seemed to work together very well.
    Andy Ackeret
    A/C Staff
    Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Re: 40th Indiana Company H Living History June 27-29, 2014 Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Park

Our mess (Ingrahams, Lloyd, Lakin, & Wickett) had a pretty successful experiment with cold brewed coffee this weekend. Grounds and water went into the coffee pot in the evening and good strong joe in the morning. Considering it was late June in Georgia, having it cold was not an issue (for me, anyway).

Thought I'd share. Enjoy!
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I would like to thank all the men who made this past weekend a success. As Wick mentioned thank you to Scott Busenbark for all the amazing information that is found on his blog. Boozie and I talked almost a year ago about the 40th. As many of you my first choice is always Iowa but it seemed proper that we portray this particular regiment. Thanks to Lem Ellington (Mike Palada) of our Hairy Nation Boys who was an officer for the very first time. Great Job! Matt Rector who spoke about his ancestor that was in Company H, Ivan Ingraham for his excellent boxes from home and Matt Woodburn for keeping us feed and being a good friend.

Some highlights for me were:
        1. Jefferson Saylor spitting out his drink all over his gum blanket
        2. Making a split for the "others" that were there.
        3. After mail call, men were in groups all over camp. We played cards, some men were singing, one group reading a fresh batch of newspapers, while other wrote/read letters or simple slept. Hopefully the visitors got something out of that scene.
        4. The fact that everyone in the company got along and that egos were nowhere to be found!!!

The Hairy Nation thanks all those men who made this weekend very special!

Be on the lookout for another NPS Living History that is in the works. It won't be for a while (after the 150th are over) and all of the men of company H are invited! And I promise it will just be us! :)

Holler
        Nathan Hellwig
        AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
        "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Holler,
          My cousin, Jon Hadley of Marietta, enjoyed meeting the stalwarts of Co. H. Here's hoping to catch up with some of you lads down the trail at Pilot Knob or Franklin.
          Ever forward,
          Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul, I had a good time meeting your cousin! Hope to see you sometime maybe Pilot Knob.
            Holler
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
            X