Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ray Prosteen Calendar & a Discussion About 2015 & 2016

Morning!

A gentleman named Pete Berezuk has taken it upon himself to replicate a comprehensive event calendar that used to be put together by Charles Heath, including all time periods, holidays, big mainstream events, etc. Using this calendar as a reference, what EBUFU events are on the horizon in 2015 & 2016?

Here is the calendar:

http://rayprosteencalendar.info/

Let's get a public discussion going on the EBUFU events for 2015 and 2016. In our AC Event Committee, these are the events we have identified for 2015 so far:

March - Bentonville Adjunct?
    April - Saylor's Creek Adjunct
    July - Corricks Ford
    July - Fort Caspar (Platte Bridge Station) Cavalry Event

What else?
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 06-09-2014, 02:59 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: The Ray Prosteen Calendar & a Discussion About 2015 & 2016

Word on the street, or maybe I should say a facebook event page, is that the Sailor/Saylor/Sayler's Creek adjunct (S3C) has been moved from the first weekend in April to the last weekend in March. The reason for the purported change is that the first Sunday next April is Easter. I mention it in this thread because it's noted as being in April.

Sure would be nice if someone in an official capacity could step forward and clarify this. The silence about the event in general has been rather disappointing. We're less than a year out and there is zero official notice, zero official plan and lots of speculation.

My first real leap into campaigning was at the S3C in 2000. Haven't done one since and am looking forward to this one. Having started the 150th cycle on Sumter for the surrender, I was hoping to do S3C and the Appomattox living history on consecutive weekends. Looks like I may need to regroup on that one. When the hobby gives you Situation Normal, you have to practice Semper Gumby.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

We announced an event at Blakely. Think late March to not conflict with other surrender events. Not an adjunct.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Sailor's Creek is March 27th - 29th, 2015. Will Eichler is putting a campaigner regiment together, 121st New York Infantry. The distinguished opposition is portraying elements of Crutchfield's Brigade. Skip Owns is on board as brigade commander. Small battalions are being formed under Mike Hendricks, John Pagano, and some guy that gets people lost named Coats. :) Each of these commands are limited in numbers. I pretty have my command already put together.

As I've said a few times, my crew and I are hosting a living history at Chickamauga next September. Right Lee? Right???????!!!!???????
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

Home Sweet Home, Fort Snelling, MN August 15-16
          The returning home and mustering out of the 2nd Minnesota
          Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
          Civil War Digital Digest
          Sally Port Mess

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, I've got the tentative "I'll be there" out to Joe Beedle.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

I have updated the list and added these to the 2015 Calendar based on the feedback do far and a search of the events already posted on the AC. Please add information and/or links if you have them:

March 20-22, 2015 - Adjunct - Bentonville, Four Oaks, North Carolina - Click Here For More Information.
              March 27-29, 2015 - Adjunct - Sailor's Creek, Virginia - Anyone have a link with information?
              April 24-27, 2015 - Adjunct -150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia - Click Here For More Information.
              July 10-12, 2015 - Corricks Ford, Parsons, West Virginia - Click Here For More Information.
              July 10-12, 2015 - Adjunct -Fort Caspar (Platte Bridge Station), Wyoming - Cavalry Event - Click Here For More Information.
              August 14-16, 2015 - "Home Sweet Home" - Fort Snelling, St. Paul, Minnesota - Click Here For More Information.

What else? Still a lot of adjuncts in 2015. What about 2016?
              Last edited by Eric Tipton; 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM.
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

ET, The WIG effort for Sailor's Creek will has a FB page, but I'm working on a stand alone information website for our effort. This is not for the entire "brigade" effort btw. Also, we are shooting for the weekend of September 19-20 for the Mobile CS living history at Chickamauga NPS.
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

Herb:

You good-to-go for Chickamauga? Cool. It is added to the list. Is that the correct Facebook Page for Sailor's Creek?

March 20-22, 2015 - Adjunct - Bentonville, Four Oaks, North Carolina - Click Here For More Information.
                  March 27-29, 2015 - Adjunct - Sailor's Creek, Virginia - Click Here For More Information.
                  April, 2015 - Adjunct -150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia - Click Here For More Information.
                  July 10-12, 2015 - Corricks Ford, Parsons, West Virginia - Click Here For More Information.
                  July 10-12, 2015 - Adjunct -Fort Caspar (Platte Bridge Station), Wyoming - Cavalry Event - Click Here For More Information.
                  August 14-16, 2015 - "Home Sweet Home" - Fort Snelling, St. Paul, Minnesota - Click Here For More Information.
                  September 18-20, 2015 - Mobile Living History at Chickamagua.
                  ERIC TIPTON
                  Former AC Owner

Comment

I'll talk to Skip Owens and Colin Edward, and see if they'll let me put a FB page together for the entire brigade.
                    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

I'll go ahead and post this again, hoping that the second time takes notice. The Independent Rifles will be hosting a surrender event at Blakely/Spanish Fort in 2015. Judging off of previous messages about Sailors Creek we settled on the last weekend in March, I see that has now changed. Hate to see it happen, but we will push forward. Joe Blunt has stepped up to form the 83rd Ohio while the Independent Rifles will be forming 2/6th Missouir Consolidated and 1/4th Consolidated
                      Patrick Landrum
                      Independent Rifles

Comment

Got it in there Pat:

March 27-29, 2015 - Adjunct - Sailor's Creek, Virginia - Click Here For More Information.
                        March 27-29, 2015 - Surrender Event at Blakely/Spanish Fort - Independent Rifles
                        April, 2015 - Adjunct -150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia - Click Here For More Information.
                        ERIC TIPTON
                        Former AC Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Bevard View Post
                          Home Sweet Home, Fort Snelling, MN August 15-16
                          The returning home and mustering out of the 2nd Minnesota
                          Thanks Jeremy,
                          I will get a thread started soon.
                          Information can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/thesheepfarm/
                          Joe Beedle

http://www.2ndminnesota.com

http://thesheepfarm.org

Comment

Eric,

Battle of Selma dates are April 23-26, 2015
                            Terre Hood Biederman
                            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Got it Terre!

March 27-29, 2015 - Surrender Event at Blakely/Spanish Fort - Independent Rifles
                              April 23-26, 2015 - Adjunct -150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia - Click Here For More Information.
                              ERIC TIPTON
                              Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X