X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Bevard
    replied
    Re: Grand Review

Looks like the info wanted is here. To not let this turn into a run away horse I am locking the door.

Leave a comment:

• Pennvolunteer
    replied

I would love to see this happen as a quality event, but it is just unrealistic. As someone said, it would be Remembrance Day on steroids, and I fear that it probably would not be something I would be proud to be a part of as I march along. Weed I agree with Arch, where are the original pictures?

Leave a comment:

• Arch Campbell
    replied

C'mon Weed, I wanna see the pictures of you from the ACTUAL Grand Review.

Leave a comment:

• BarryDusel
    replied

It's gonna be Remembrance Day on steroids , It's a reenactment is all , not a commeration ! It does more to dishonour the Boys of 61 then a honour. It , the parade, will go a long way to reinforce the public perception that those in this hobby are just a bunch of well meaning Yahoo's

Leave a comment:

• weed
    replied

Or this on grand review 4.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Silas
    replied

Other than, "stay away," I haven't heard much about this one.

Leave a comment:

• weed
    replied

Just noticed, there is going to be a 150th Grand Review in Washington DC on May 17. Is ANYBODY or ANY UNIT going to this? As I would like to participate in it, but do not know any units going.

John Wedeward

- - - Updated - - -

The Web site is http://grandreviewparade.org

- - - Updated - - -

This is at the 125th Grand ReviewGrand Review.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Or this on grand review 4.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hildy
    replied

A huge undertaking to be sure. It is also something that really needs to be done if we can possibly manage it. If we don't, we will have missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

G Hildreth
    Lexington, MO

Leave a comment:

• Spinster
    replied

I happened to notice this thread languishing, when I came over to this folder to peruse that Wyoming event coming up next summer......

( Hoping the link works, if not, then your Facebook search should start with 150th Grand Review. A large mainstream organization seems to have started a ball rolling some time ago, and the September 13 posting gives a few more particulars about this all Federal event. )

Leave a comment:

• hamsalad
    replied

Now that we have precedent it would be great if that could be done again.

Leave a comment:

• usmcskipper
    replied

We did a reenactment of the Grand Review for the 125th series. No one camped in DC (not to my knowledge anyway) but everyone gathered, formed up, and marched that day only. I was 16 and marched with the 5th NY Zouaves under Brian Pohanka. You won't be able to pick me out in this photo as I am in the rear rank just left of center, but this picture sure brings back memories.

5th NY 125th Grand Review.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Trail Otter
    replied

Originally posted by ZsDad View Post
    Can you imagine the Living History Camp / Sea of Tents on the National Mall. It would be Glorious.

-John Coldiron
    2nd US Cavalry Co. A / 9th VA Cavalry Co. D
    www.secondcavalry.org
    It would be a sight for the ages. A reenactment of the Grand Review would be something people would be loath to forget.

Leave a comment:

• ZsDad
    replied

Can you imagine the Living History Camp / Sea of Tents on the National Mall. It would be Glorious.

-John Coldiron
    2nd US Cavalry Co. A / 9th VA Cavalry Co. D

Leave a comment:

• VetUSMC08
    replied

Well, I live in Washington City so if anyone is up to the task of getting this ball rolling, please let me know how I can be of assistance.

Leave a comment:

• dixieflyer
    replied

I don't recall anyone in the FB discussion or here stating that it should be anything other than Federal, it's a 150th of the Grand Review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X