Red River Federal Adjunct June 7-13, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red River Federal Adjunct June 7-13, 2015

I am pleased to announce that The Southeast Coalition of Authentic Reenactors (SCAR) will be raising a battalion for Red River 3 (The Camden Expedition) June 7-13, 2015 http://www.redrivercampaign.com/ Our Unit portrayal will the 77th OVI.

You can expect a real soldiering experience during this event. There will obviously be a lot of marching, all night picketing, skirmishing, advanced guards, flankers etc. Along with the soldiering experience, our battalion will have a few special military scenarios based upon historical accounts and heavy civilian interaction based upon historical account. Our goal for this is to have no less than five companies, however 10 would be great! Companies commanders will be expected to have no less than 25 men per company. If you wish to raise a company please contact me here on the AC or at tylerlunderwood@yahoo.com We will also have a website for the battalion up soon!

The following impression guidelines are based upon photographic evidence and written account:

Head gear: Civilian (No straw hats or wheel caps), Hardee, forage cap.

Coat: State jacket or Sack coat

Trousers: US Sky blue are the only acceptable trousers to be worn.

Foot wear: US issue bootee, military or civilian boots are also acceptable but not recommended.

Shirt: US issue shirt constructed of domet flannel, US contract shirt constructed of wool flannel, civilian shirts made either of cotton or wool.

Drawers: US issue made of canton flannel, civilian

Socks: wool or cotton

Haversack: Painted US issue haversack with sewn or riveted strap

Knapsack: US Early war or late war is acceptable, bed roll

Canteen: US M1858 or bullseye. Cloth or leather strap is acceptable. No blue covers, they should have tan or grey jean cloth or no cover at all.

Cartridge box: 1857 and 1864 pattern are both acceptable. All boxes MUST have tins

Cap pouch: 1855 and 1862 are both acceptable with preference towards the 62 pattern

Bayonet Scabbard: 1859 two rivet or 1863 seven rivet is acceptable. All scabbards must have a tip on the end.

Belt: US issue with sewn or brass keeper is acceptable

Rifle: Enfield is preferred, 61 & 63 Springfield is also accepted. ***NO Smoothbores*** All rifles must have an appropriate bayonet that fits their weapon. It is recommended that your rifle is defarbed.

Side arms will only be carried by officers if they choose to do so.

Tents: Shelter halves are acceptable and there should be two people per tent. Only company officers are authorized to have a tent to themselves.

Blankets: US issue, Tan or grey No Civilian blankets

Ground Cloth: US issue, either rubber or painted. No oil cloths or floor cloths

All items must be made of the appropriate pattern and material. All button holes must be hand sewn. No modern anachronisms. This means no cigarettes or other modern tobacco. No modern glasses. Contacts are acceptable but please be discrete when taking them in and out. Modern medication and first aid supplies need to be kept in period containers. Again be discrete when using these items. No piercings, visible tattoos or cell phones.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: Red River Federal Adjunct June 7-13, 2015

Tyler, we'll be there with a company attached to the Army of the Pacific battalion. Very much looking forward to the event. Hopefully, given the expectations of the event, we'll all be a brigade "adjunct".

Please Note:

Simon, please remember to sign all of your posts with your first and last name. You can set up an automatic signature by clicking on settings in the upper right corner of the screen and then edit signature in the lower left of the new screen. Thanks! -Tyler Underwood

Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 11-08-2014, 08:05 PM.
    Simon Taylor

Rochester, NY
    Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
    28th New York

Comment

Glad your looking forward to it Simon! Hope to see you there.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I'll definitely be there. Hoping to make the site walk through in March as well.

(also hopefully my signature will have been updated now).

-Simon.
        Simon Taylor

Rochester, NY
        Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
        28th New York

Comment

This is a good opportunity boys to get a taste of real campaigning, especially if you haven't been to a previous Red River like me. I'm greatly looking forward to it.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

That's right Mike this is a great opportunity to get a taste of the real deal and I am glad to have you on board for this one!

We have launched the battalion website tonight and it can be found at http://www.77thovi.com/

Check back weekly for updates and we look forward to serving with you all on the campaign.
            Tyler Underwood
            Pawleys Island #409 AFM
            Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Along with Andrew Kasmar leading the SCAR company, Todd Morris has also agreed to raise a company for the battalion.

I would also like to add that Walter Cook has agreed to serve as Lt. Col. and Jeremy Bevard has agreed to serve as Maj.

Thanks for the support fellows! Who else is next to step up to the plate?
              Tyler Underwood
              Pawleys Island #409 AFM
              Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Ok folks, I have some great news. I have been in contact with Dan Wambaugh, and W,W&Co. has agreed to provide a special discount on “State Jackets” for the 77th OVI battalion for Red River. These normally run $245, but with the discount you can own one of these fine jackets for $208.25.

In order to receive this discount we must have a minimum of ten orders.

All orders and payments MUST be sent through me otherwise the discount is not applicable. All orders must also be sent to me no later than March 10th so they can get all of the jackets done in time. Once they are all completed they will all be sent to me for distribution. I will deliver them at Red River or I can mail them to you, in which case you will pay shipping.

Email me at tylerlunderwood@yahoo.com for an order form.
                Tyler Underwood
                Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Can SA jackets be used in place of state jackets? Looking at the photos of the original 77th boys I thought I saw one with a SA jacket.
                  Kenny Pavia
                  24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Yes they can Kenny, my apologies for forgetting to include them into the guidelines. If you look closely there is another fellow with a SA jacket.
                    Tyler Underwood
                    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                    Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Excellent, thanks!
                      Kenny Pavia
                      24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

My unit is not going to the event. Is there a unit me and another guy could fall in with ?

thanks,
                        James Angel

Comment

Originally posted by James 61 View Post
                          My unit is not going to the event. Is there a unit me and another guy could fall in with ?

thanks,
                          James,

We should be able to find a spot for you. Contact Tyler Underwood, one of the admins and the battalion commander for the event. He will be able to point you in the right direction.
                          Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
                          SCAR

Comment

Folks, in an effort to help the event organizers to adequately prepare please get your "enlistment form" filled out. This does NOT commit you to the battalion but gives everyone an idea of numbers. We currently have two companies, SCAR will be Company D and Todd Morris will be raising Company A. Please contact either for enlisting in their companies or if you wish to raise a company please contact Walter Cook, Jeremy Bevard Patrick Ferringer or myself. Follow the link below for instructions for filling out your enlistment.

I would also like to announce that Matthew Young is aboard and has agreed to serve as our Sgt. Maj. Bully for Ohio boys!
                            Tyler Underwood
                            Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                            Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Things are really starting to take shape with the battalion. We have got several enlistments in already but please keep them coming. Remember that you MUST enlist with the SCAR battalion before you can register. This allows the event coordinators to adequately plan and also allows me to plan for the extra surprises for everyone. If you go to the battalion website www.77thovi.com you will find instructions for the enlistment process along with the link to the enlistment form.
                              Also take a moment to have a look at General Order #1 so you all can start prepping now.
                              Tyler Underwood
                              Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                              Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Working...
                              X