Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corricks Ford - Overall Commanders

Evening Everybody!

As we continue to move forward on Corricks Ford, we have reached the next phase. Tonight, we are announcing our Overall Commanders for the event. Our goal is to begin assembling the companies to be ready for registration in January of 2015. We have already had some requests for companies and now that we have commanders in place, we want to get that ball rolling.

To put things into perspective in terms of numbers, we are looking for around 250 Confederates and 150 Federals. The goal is for thirty man (registered) companies, so, eight Confederate Companies and five Federal Companies. We will assign company designations as we start working with individual company commanders. We will have a small contingent of cavalry that will serve as a bodyguard for the General Staff on the Confederate side. Right now, that is the only cavalry we plan to have. We are also working on wagons and will announce more on that later.

So, without further ado, the Overall Commanders for Corricks Ford are Jim Butler, commanding the 14th Ohio on the Federal side, and Skip Owens, commanding the 23rd Virginia on the Confederate side.

If you are interested in forming a company, please contact Ken Cornett first so we can track the company organization and then we will hook you up with Jim or Skip to work out the details on the military end. Please send an e-mail to Ken at ken.cornett@yahoo.com so we can get you set up.

I think there may be a 23rd Virginia, Company H floating around out there somewhere already. ;)

CorricksFordLogo-Background.jpg
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 06-18-2014, 08:05 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Corricks Ford - Overall Commanders

E-mail sent!
    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

I may have another hill climb left in me. That last one at this place was a doozy though.
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Sent in an email to Ken.
        Andrew Roscoe,
        The Western Rifles - An Authentic Civil War mess in PA, MD, VA, NC, and SC
        24th Michigan Volunteer Infantry
        Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Tommy and Andy...emails received! I will respond soon as I can.
          Ken Cornett
          MESS NO.1
          Founding Member
          OHIO
          Mason Lodge #678, PM
          Need Rules?

Comment

Sent... thanks!
            Johnny Lloyd
            John "Johnny" Lloyd
            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
            SCAR
            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Happy to be a part of this.. As I have said before we need to start looking at post 150th events. That being said I appreciate this effort being worked.

Cheers!
              Skip
              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
              [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Working...
              X