Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminary Ridge Museum LH at the Barricade June 26-28th

Greetings Comrades,

The Buzzards Mess is hosting a living history in conjunction with the Seminary event on June 26-28th 2015. We will be camping at the site of the last stand of the Iron Brigade, at the site of the Barricade at the Seminary! This is going to be a great opportunity to do some great scenarios for the public, and also camp and live on the battlefield for a weekend. More details and impression guidelines to follow!

There are two companies forming for the weekend The 19th Indiana organized by the Buzzards Mess and the 2nd Wisconsin being organized by the Hard Head Mess/Citizens Guard/ and comrades.

If you have interest in attending there is a $10.00 fee for registration and rations. Checks can be made out to Jeremy Brandt for fees and sent to:

Jeremy Brandt
    620 S Lincoln Ave
    Lebanon, PA

Registration Deadline is May 25th. We will work with the Museum to see if this can be extended. We also have Facebook pages too and plan to use both the AC and Facebook to keep information going.

The 2nd Wisconsin Company will be lead by Ivan Ingraham as Captain and I as second in command. Brad Argue and Jeff Johannes will be our Sgt's. Should be a great time for docents and Jeremy has a lot of good surprises in-store. I will post a registration form (see attachment) and uniform standards very soon.

If interested, please post or PM me.

Thanks,

Tom
    Attached Files
    Tom Klas
    Hard Head Mess
    Citizens Guard

Re: Seminary Ridge Museum LH at the Barricade June 26-28th

If you haven't attended one of Tom's living history events, I highly encourage doing so. The research and dedication he and his crew put into these are outstanding. It makes for a great experience.

It will also be in a location not typically utilized for living histories at GNMP, which I think is a futher enticement.

Several options for serving in a Coy of your choice, and if you don't want to serve under my lash, the Hoosiers will accomodate you, I am sure!

Hope to see a few people out there and don't delay in registering. For $10, that is a bargain.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

Uniform & Equipage Guidelines for the 2nd Wisconsin Company

All uniform and equipage should be correct in pattern, materials, and construction as compared to original articles. An authenticity check will occur prior to the event Saturday morning. Anyone failing to meet the requirements may be asked to adjust their gear to meet those guidelines. Feel free to ask us if you need help with your kit and we will try to assist those that want to attend as many of our members have loaner gear if necessary.

Lutheran Seminary Museum LH at the Barricade in Gettysburg
      Second Wisconsin Company

June 26-28, 2015

Uniform and Equipage should consist of:

Issue Jefferson Bootees preferred, infantry boots accepted
      Pattern of 1858 Dress Hat with 1st Corps Badge and minimal hat ornamentation preferred
      Fatigue Blouse or Uniform Coat preferred
      Sky Blue Kersey Issue Trousers
      Issue Shirt preferred, Civilian Shirt accepted
      Issue pattern drawers preferred, Civilian patterns accepted
      Suspenders
      Issue Wool Socks preferred, wool and cotton socks accepted
      Pattern of 1856 Waist Belt with leather loop keeper preferred, brass belt keeper accepted
      Pattern of 1858 Smoothside Canteen with leather sling preferred or cotton sling accepted
      Pattern of 1851 Haversack
      Mess Furniture
      Cartridge Box, Cartridge Box Belt, & Cap Box
      Impressions with corresponding bayonet.
      Original Pattern of 1854 Austrian Lorenz Rifle Musket preferred for 2nd Wisconsin Impressions.
      Pattern of 1853 Enfield Rifle-Musket, or Model of 1861 Springfield acceptable.
      Two rivet “Gaylord” pattern Bayonet Scabbard preferred
      Rubber Blanket preferred, rubber poncho accepted
      U.S. Issue Wool Blanket
      U.S. Issue Shelter Half
      Pattern of 1855 Doublebag Knapsack preferred, Blanket Roll accepted
      No modern items except for car keys, medications in a period container, and contact lens if vision correction is necessary.

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know. Good attitude is the most important item you can bring.
      Tom Klas
      Hard Head Mess
      Citizens Guard

Comment

Hi gents,

Just an update that registration will stay open until June 17th. We have about 3 more weeks to get registrations in if you wish to come out.

Thanks and Happy Decoration Day to all!
        Tom Klas
        Hard Head Mess
        Citizens Guard

Comment

I am looking forward to this unique event very much!
          Regards,

Phil Spaugy
          Union Guards
          Co. A
          19th Regiment
          Indiana Volunteer Infantry
          N-SSA

Comment

I'll be sending my registration today, and very much looking forward to this as well. I'm just hopping my kit is satisfactory with this being my first progressive event and all.
            Casey Hulbott

"I'm too red-haired to be patient."
            ~Uncle Billy Sherman

Hard Head Mess
            Citizens Guard

Comment

Great to have you with us Casey. Will be in touch on the carpool out.

Thanks,
              Tom Klas
              Hard Head Mess
              Citizens Guard

Comment

Hi pards,

Just a few update on the event for preparations. Please bring along 4 correctly made packs of 10 cartridges and a roll of caps for demonstrations during the weekend. We will be moving from Herbst Woods to the Barricade and some touring so please if you have not yet start getting some walking in. Also although there will be rations if you wish to bring some period correct rations (hard crackers and bacon/salt pork) please do. There are documented foraged food these men had on June 30th that can be implemented into an impression. If you have questions if something is accurate, please let me know. We have about three weeks left for registration. Should be a great time for docents and portraying actions on the actual ground it occurred.

Thanks,
                Tom Klas
                Hard Head Mess
                Citizens Guard

Comment

Tom:

Was looking for something around this time and haven't been to Gettysburg for an event in a while. Count me in.
                  ERIC TIPTON
                  Former AC Owner

Comment

This event just got classy, Eric! I hope others from Mess No. 1 will join us.

Still time to get your registration in, boys.

Looking forward to it!
                    Ivan Ingraham
                    AC Moderator

Comment

Great to have you with us Eric! Still time to get your registrations in gents. On my last check I have over 12 pages of docents to read during our battlefield walks. Plenty of room in both the 19th Indiana Company the the 2nd Wisconsin Company for the event.

Thanks!
                      Tom Klas
                      Hard Head Mess
                      Citizens Guard

Comment

About one week out from registration closing. Come on out, boys. This will be a good time.

Looking forward to seeing those of you who have signed up thus far.
                        Ivan Ingraham
                        AC Moderator

Comment

Gents we have only a few days left for registration. If you were thinking about coming out to join us, now is the time to send in your registration. Deadline is Wednesday for a good time at the Barricade.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Tom
                          Tom Klas
                          Hard Head Mess
                          Citizens Guard

Comment

Okay Tom, I'm in too. My registration/fee is mailing out before Wednesday, so please accept the postmark. Just got time off from work and can't let ET go alone.

Looking forward to it!
                            Ken Cornett
                            MESS NO.1
                            Founding Member
                            OHIO
                            Mason Lodge #678, PM
                            Need Rules?

Comment

Great to have you with us Ken. It should be a really unique time! Now we just have to keep up with our Captain : ).
                              Tom Klas
                              Hard Head Mess
                              Citizens Guard

Comment

Working...
                              X