Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakthrough at Pamplin April 1st-3rd 2016

Greetings All,

Those of you who were at Pamplin Park for the 150th Anniversary of the Breakthrough will be pleased to know we are going to be holding the event on a weekend this time. We are looking for Confederate units to portray Lane's NC brigade, as well as Federals to portray the 6th Maryland US and units of the Vermont Brigade of the VI corps. Numbers will be capped at 200 total participants. Please email me at chrismattingly28@gmail.com if you are interested in attending.

Chris Mattingly
    Chris Mattingly
    The Coffee Cooler Mess

Re: Breakthrough at Pamplin April 1st-3rd 2016

Here's a link to some of the info Chris and I posted for the 150th. http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...1-2-April-2015

If folks can make this, they should. If I lived within driving distance, I'd be there again. No hesitation. I can't make it this time as my East Coast kitchen pass has already been approved for other events outside the area at times different than this event.

We spent the night on the same picket line as the men of Lane's Brigade picketed. It was great. Within the last two years, the CWPT cleared out all the forest between said picket line and the opposing Federal works. If you haven't been there in a while, it's worth the visit.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Gentleman,

I am looking for a group to take lead on the confederate side for this event. The plan is to raise at least three companies of federals and two companies of confederates. Pamplin Park is also looking for a trained artillery crew to man their artillery piece.

Chris Mattingly
      Last edited by Ken Cornett; 01-26-2016, 10:29 AM.
      Chris Mattingly
      The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Gentleman,

I am pleased to announce that the Southern Division has agreed to support the Breakthrough and portray the 37th NC.
        Chris Mattingly
        The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Gents, a few updates:

We are approaching limits on confederate infantry for the Breakthrough. We still need more federals, so if you are interested in attending this evemt, don't hesitate to contact me or look for the 6th Maryland for the breakthrough on facebook.
          Chris Mattingly
          The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Gents,
            Anyone planning on attending who has not contacted myself or one of the reps from Southern Division, please contact ASAP. Plan on being at Pamplin Friday afternoon/evening before dark if possible.
            Chris Mattingly
            The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Last Call,

If you are looking for a great way to spend the first weekend in April, then feel free to join us for the breakthrough. We still need federals for the event. Contact me directly at chrismattingly28@gmail.com if you are interested.
              Chris Mattingly
              The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Working...
              X