2017 Adjuncts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Adjuncts

Just curious, but are there any adjuncts or efforts being prepared for some 155th events in 2017, such as Shiloh, Antietam, Fredericksburg, or Stones' River? Or are any events being held for these anniversaries? If there is already a thread for this discussion, please feel free to remove!
    Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
    150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
    150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
    Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
    Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
    Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
    Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
    154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
    Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Re: 2017 Adjuncts

Originally posted by Stephen Lunsford View Post
    Just curious, but are there any adjuncts or efforts being prepared for some 155th events in 2017, such as Shiloh, Antietam, Fredericksburg, or Stones' River? Or are any events being held for these anniversaries? If there is already a thread for this discussion, please feel free to remove!

Hey there Stephen, I can't say for those engagements but we do have one in the works for Port Hudson, LA. in May 2017. Not too sure of the details.

Blaine Carreon
    24th Missouri
    Blaine Carreon

Comment

Another question would be what has already been done in the past at some of these events? Some thoughts that come to mind would be portraying the 9th Illinois vs the 20th Tennessee at Shiloh (this battle resulted in nearly 400 casualties in the 9th and nearly 200 in the 20th). Or portraying the 6th Alabama in the Sunken Road at Sharpsburg (the regiment lost 156 men in the battle). Or portraying one of the Pennsylvania Regiments of Humphrey's Division at Fredericksburg, Five of Humphrey's regiments had casualties of over 100 men each (123rd PA, 129th PA, 131st PA, 133rd PA and 134th PA). Or have any adjuncts ever been involved with Stones River? Again, I'm not sure if any national events are being formed for any of the 155th Anniversaries of these battles. Some interesting ideas for Stones River, would be portraying the collapse of the Union right. Like featuring the pickets of the 32nd or 39th Indiana as they were driven in by Ector's Texas Brigade or the 34th Illinois trying to protect the Federal artillery against McNair's Arkansas Brigade, Or a more unique unit at any of these battles?
      Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
      150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
      150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
      Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
      Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
      Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
      Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
      154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
      Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

McDowell 2017

Anders is putting on a Seven Days event in 2017 called On to Richmond as well.

These look to be the most worthwhile endevors so far for 2017.
        Last edited by Yellowhammer Rebel; 02-27-2016, 05:37 PM.
        Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

We are trying to form the 6th Alabama for the 155th Sharpsburg.
          Lucas Hamby

Comment

I know several men, including myself, that would be interested in an authentic CS company for 155th Sharpsburg.
            Dillan Lee
            "Exodus 15:3: The Lord is a man of war"
            Jasper Greens Mess / SCAR

Comment

A group of us are planning a Federal adjunct to loosely portray the 25th Indiana for the 155th Shiloh. More details to follow.
              John Spain
              4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
              "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

So does that mean there will be a 155th Shiloh?
                Steven Dacus
                Casper, Wyoming
                11th Ohio Cav (6th Ohio Cav: 1st Bat)

Comment

Yes, what is the latest on the 155th Shiloh?

Ben Cwayna
                  Ben Cwayna

Comment

My understanding is that there will once again be two Shiloh events. One is being organized by the Armies of Tennessee and scheduled to occur at the same place as last time. The other is scheduled to occur a week later and may represent the latest incarnation of the remnants of the old North/South, Blue/Gray, Us/Them alliances.

Any discussion about the Armies of Tennessee event, other than FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS GO TO SUCH EVENTS, is subject to being removed by moderators due to violations of the forum's Espousing Farbism rule. They have a webpage. Proceed at your own risk.

As for the other event, I have seen some credible email traffic where this event was mentioned. Location near the Fallen Timbers site. I believe, but am not 100% certain, that Bill Rambo will command the gray side. The First Federal Division's webpage lists the 155th on its calendar, but there are no details. An entity known as the Atlanta Campaign seems to be the event organizers. Their webpage mentions the reenactment, but contains no details as of this writing. Link : http://www.atlantacampaign.com This is the first time I've encountered this organization so I cannot say anything positive or negative about it. However, it's usually not a good sign when information is not readily available this close to an event. Organizers of better events publish useful information well in advance. Eight months out is rather late in the game for something labeled as a national event.
                    Silas Tackitt,
                    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Thank you Silas for this information. I had not heard about the one scheduled a week after by the representatives of the incarnations of the remnants of the N/S, B/G/ Alliances. That event may be credible, time will tell.

I agree wholeheartedly that the "Armies of Tennessee" event is something that any self-respecting living historian would want to stay away from. No thanks!

Ben Cwayna
                      Ben Cwayna

Comment

I was unaware that another Shiloh was in the works. The AOT/AOTT is the one we are planning to support. We're not planning anything like the 15th Iowa or whatever from the 150th, but we thought we'd put an adjustment not together so our fellow progressives could have a home, hopefully away from most of the farbage. This stupid dual events crap really needs to stop.
                        John Spain
                        4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
                        "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

I'm sorry Silas, I've not been over here for a good while and just popped in to harvest a picture I needed.

Dates for Not The AOT Shiloh :) are April 7-8-9.

Yes, the property adjacent to the Shiloh NMP used 5 years ago is being used again. I can't positively say that Bill Rambo is commanding, but I figure he is some sort of BigBug as he gave me matching orders and subsequently a 'wave the date around' a while back. Atlanta Campaigns is Earl Zeckman's operation and they will be handling ground logistics.

Upper command levels , including campaigner command, have been aware of this effort for some time, but as those who turn the key and write the checks know, The First Principle of Event Organization Prevails: It's the Land. New coalitions had to be built and agreed upon for this event cycle.

You and I were privledged for many years under the steady leadership, steady treasury, and long term planning concepts of the old NSA. In a current hobby that resists dues and umbrella organizations comes the challenge of first determining where event seed money comes from.

You will see the formal announcement and invitations coming through Federal channels shortly. I made a preliminary civilian announcement awhile back. I'm not sure who is handling the Confederate announcement and invitations.
                          Terre Hood Biederman
                          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

If you are looking at something "new" or in the Trans-Mississippi a few of us out here are putting together an event to portray the assault of the 22nd Texas Dismounted Cavalry against the 67th Indiana as part of Mouton's/Polignac's Charge at the battle of Mansfield. This living history focused event will be May 19-21, 2017. https://www.facebook.com/groups/324145527932579/
                            Michael Mumaugh
                            Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
                            Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
                            Outpost III
                            Pickett's Mill
                            Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

There will be the Federal battalion-sized effort at "On To Richmond," the 155th Seven Days Campaign event. We will be doing the 3rd Pennsylvania Reserves. Check out more about it at http://www.westernrifles.org/3rd-pennsylvania-reserves
                              Andrew Roscoe,
                              The Western Rifles - An Authentic Civil War mess in PA, MD, VA, NC, and SC
                              24th Michigan Volunteer Infantry
                              Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Working...
                              X