Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Like True Badgers" - 4th Wisconsin at the 155th Port Hudson

Updated registered list as of 1/24/18.

We have reached 40 participants! Please keep up the registrations, friends!

Most respectfully yours,

Sam Galyon
    Trans-Miss Hellcats

"Like True Badgers" -- 4th Wisconsin @ 155th Port Hudson

Comment

The thing that I have seen, is the desire to make this event happen. Our numbers have exceeded our expectation, but not our ability, Come see us in Louisiana.
      Last edited by Dale Beasley; 01-30-2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen,

To begin, this effort has exceeded all expections. From it's inception to today, it has grown beyond anything we could have hoped. For those still on the fence, let me tell you what you're in for if you go:

This adjunct boasts something for everyone. For those desiring an immersive experience, we are providing unique scenarios, the ability for everyone in the company to portray an original member of Co. D, and a company mail call in which everyone who attends with us will walk away with a piece of Port Hudson history. We will also allow provide a personal tour to the Priest Cap, which now sits on private land.

We have successfully raised enough funds to provide the park with it's first two markers dedicated to Federal troops on the battlefield. They have been approved by the state of Louisiana and will be dedicated at the event.

For those who are aware, a devoted proponent of the adjunct and our hobby, Keith Borgers, passed away in January. His family will be present for the event to remember him and his passion for the hobby. We will utilize the opportunity to remember happier times together and the gift that Keith was to so many.

In saying all of this, our registration deadline is in ONE week! To register and join us, send $30 via PayPal to stonewall421@gmail.com by February 15 to join our roster. We promise that this adjunct will not disappoint!!
        Most respectfully yours,

Sam Galyon
        Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Ackeret View Post
          There is a very good chance I will be able to attend, but it's another few months before I can declare vacation days for travel time that far in advance. Today at a local Living History, a group of us from WI and IL discussed attending, so I think there may be a few "real" Badgers at this one.
          Mr. Ackeret,

I hope this message finds you well, sir. I just wanted to ask and see if you and your gents might still be interested in our 4th Wisconsin effort for Port Hudson. The event is slated for March 23-25. We currently boast no true Badgers for the event and would be honored if y'all would be willing to join us. Look forward to hearing from you, sir!
          Most respectfully yours,

Sam Galyon
          Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

Re: Like True Badgers - 4th Wisconsin at the 155th Port Hudson

Registration ends at midnight tonight, folks!!

$30 ration/preservation fee submitted via PayPal to: stonewall421@gmail.com.

Come join us!!!
            Most respectfully yours,

Sam Galyon
            Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

Friends,

I merely wished to express my appreciation and excitement with each of you. This effort has exceeded all expections.

We managed to reach SIXTY (60) military personnel for this company and have 6 stellar civilians tagging along, to boot! We have raised $1800 in registration fees, alone, to be used for the markers and our rations. Those markers are now in the process of being furnished and we should have your first glimpses by the middle of next week.

I will also be providing receipts in a file uploaded to this page as we make our purchases. Any and all left over funds will be donated to the park. I appreciate each and every one of you for your interest with this company and I look forward to leading you all in a few short weeks!!
              Most respectfully yours,

Sam Galyon
              Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

Badgers,

This is going to be a great event. Something that has never been done to this level before. Many have talked, but none have done the walk. Consider yourself fortunate to be apart of this campaign.

Now, I’m just your Medical Officer, but I expect you to show up ready to “Soldier”
                The planning and logistics have been planned. YOU just have to show up with a “can do” attitude!

I expect you to show up for your Commander, your Officers and NCOs ready to campaign!

If any of you have a medical condition that I need to know about, please inform me.

It may be hot, and it could possibly be wet or it could be perfect weather. Who Knows? It doesn’t rain in the Army, it rains on the Army....either way. Planning has occurred. Don’t worry yourself, your command has done it for you.

But I will shoot the first son of a bitch who claims “hypothermia”

That is all

D. Beasley
                CPT, Medical Officer
                4th WI

Comment

Excited about the event! See you guys soon!
                  Rhett Vito

Comment

Working...
                  X