Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are living history impression cost's tax deductible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are living history impression cost's tax deductible?

Hey Guys,

I've received mixed information on this. Some people have said things like mileage are deductible if you do a living history impression at a national park. Others have said no. Anyone know what the rule is on this, and have you successfully taken a tax deduction and not been audited? LOL.

Thanks for any info !!

Randy
    Randy Gann
    In Memory of my GGG Grandfather, Pvt. James E. Gann, Vaughn's - 3rd Tennessee Mounted Infantry. In service before Manassas, passed from Smallpox at Vicksburg, 11 April 1863. Left a young wife and several children.

God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families, Past and
    Present !

DEO VINDICE

Re: Are living history impression cost's tax deductible?

Randy,
    To the best of my knowledge, you can only deduct these expenses if your group is set up as a non-profit or not-for-profit group. I belong to a WWII group that is set up this way, although I have not been audited.

HTH, FWIW, YMMV,
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

This is one of those areas where you need to consult a professional, not a group of amateurs. Free legal advice from nonprofessionals is dangerous.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

I also think thats the best way too go, ask a professional, before bad things happen

Todd Brickley
        Company H 110th Regt. P.V.
        Todd A Brickley
        Company H, 110th Regt. P.V.

Comment

Randy, just give your local group dictaor a call. He has all the answers. Remember to ask him first.
          Herb Coats
          Armory Guards &
          WIG

Comment

LOL, will do.
            Randy Gann
            In Memory of my GGG Grandfather, Pvt. James E. Gann, Vaughn's - 3rd Tennessee Mounted Infantry. In service before Manassas, passed from Smallpox at Vicksburg, 11 April 1863. Left a young wife and several children.

God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families, Past and
            Present !

DEO VINDICE

Comment

The legitimacy or nonlegitimacy of deducting costs associated with the hobby is a question which pops up on a regular basis. The answers generally involve idle conjecture, anecdotes or a combination of both. Trying to save a few bucks based upon free, general advice given on a public forum may cost you dearly in the long run.

In the long tradition of closing threads about tax deduction and the hobby, this thread just joined the others.
              Silas Tackitt,
              one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
              X