Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Maine Monument Raffle

Hey All,
    I wanted to give you all an update on the raffle. The drawing was to be held this weekend at the Unison event, but Nick Duvall, who holds most of the ticket stubs was not able to attend. We have to get all the ticket stubs together in one place to make sure everyone has a chance to win, so we will postpone the drawing for a couple of days. We will have the drawing done, and will post the results by Thursday at the latest (providing the hurricane doesn't wash us all out to sea). Thanks to all of you for your support, and for your patience!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry
    Tom Craig

Comment

Tom,
      We are all looking forward to seeing how much money was raised!
      Drew
      Drew

"God knows, as many posts as go up on this site everyday, there's plenty of folks who know how to type. Put those keyboards to work on a real issue that's tied to the history that we love and obsess over so much." F.B.

"...mow hay, cut wood, prepare great food, drink schwitzel, knit, sew, spin wool, rock out to a good pinch of snuff and somehow still find time to go fly a kite." N.B.

Comment

Any updates Tom?
        Dustin C Herr

Yocona Rip Raps
        "Res Ipsa Loquitur."

Comment

Raffle drawing will be Monday...FYI

Comment

Postponed again?
            Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
            Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
            Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
            Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Per an email I received yesterday evening.

"The Winners of the 1st Maine Cavarly Monument Raffle!

Thank you so much to everyone who helped the 1st Maine Cavalry raise money to erect a monument to honor the brave men who fought and lost their lives at the Battle of Unison Virginia. Your $10 purchase has brought us closer to our goal of showing we care and will always remember their sacrifice.

And now, the winners of the raffle!

Grand Prize: (Model 1842 .69cal Springfield Musket) Matthew Sternad

Grand Prize: (Model 1853 .58cal Enfield Musket) David Worsham

1st Place Prize: (Duvall Leatherwork Accoutrement Set) Phil Guenther

1st Place Prize: (Duvall Leatherwork Accoutrement Set) Richard Holliday

2nd Place Prize: (Richmond Depot Type II Shell Jacket & Trousers) Sam Grant

2nd Place Prize: (Federal Issue Sack Coat & Trousers) Shawn Swart

3rd Place Prize: (Duvall Leatherwork Cartridge Box) Dale Zartman

3rd Place Prize: (Duvall Leatherwork Cartridge Box) Thomas Fraher

4th Place Prize: (Officers Haversack) John Nolan

5th Place Prize: (Starbuck Cap) Bob Tice

5th Place Prize: (Starbuck Cap) Mark Boynton

6th Place Prize (Smooth Side Canteen) Matt Lovejoy

6th Place Prize (3-4 Cup Coffee Pot) Ben Toledo

Once again, thank you so much to everyone who bought a raffle ticket! Your small contribution has made a great impact on our mission!

Yours truly,

Nick Duvall"
              Dustin C Herr

Yocona Rip Raps
              "Res Ipsa Loquitur."

Comment

Dustin,
                Thank you for posting that...you beat me to the punch.

Thanks again to all the folks that purchased tickets, and helped to support this project. We've got a long way to go, but you all helped make that distance much shorter!

Take care,
                Tom Craig
                1st Maine Cavalry
                Tom Craig

Comment

Working...
                X