Park Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWT: Park Day 2014

I know that not everyone has the means to financially contribute to battlefield preservation, but on Saturday April 5th you can help by donating a few hours of your time for the Civil War Preservation Trust 18th annual Park Day. Park day is a chance for individuals to prepare and preserve historic sites for the upcoming tourist season. Not only do you get the instant satisfaction of seeing the results of your donation, but it also a perfect opportunity to make new friends and do a little networking. For more information and a list of participating historic sites click HERE
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: Park Day 2014

I'll be at Perryville with awesome friends...ripping out more ugly fencing.
    Ken Cornett
    MESS NO.1
    Founding Member
    OHIO
    Mason Lodge #678, PM
    Need Rules?

Comment

I have worked a few times at Perryville for park day and I loved it. Have fun bro!
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Tyler. This was something I was completely unaware of. I think I'm going to take my daughter with me to Monocacy for this.
        Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

Greetings Folks!

Just a reminder that this coming Saturday, April 5th is "Park Day". I may make it down to Perryville this weekend. Need to work out my kitchen pass situation. ;)

If you are going to be out this weekend, let us know which site. There may very well be others who are going to the same site as you. So, where are you going to be this weekend?
          ERIC TIPTON
          Former AC Owner

Comment

I will be working out at Johnson's Island in Ohio.
            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
            Civil War Digital Digest
            Sally Port Mess

Comment

Will also be at Johnson's Island.

JOHNSON ISLAND, Ohio — Civil War history hides under a grassy field tucked amid barren trees on Johnson Island, a patch of land in Sandusky Bay where ...
              JOSHUA MANN
              121st Ohio Vol.
              Yo Mess

Comment

My plans are confirmed. I'll be out at the Monocacy National Battlefield with my family.

Comment

My munchkin helping to paint parking signs this morning that will be used at upcoming 150th events at Monocacy.

The obligatory family photo at the circa-1790s house on the Best Farm.

Comment

Well, a few of us in the AG went out and helped clear lesser used trails at Pickett's Mill. Those brambles are angry out there.
                    Herb Coats
                    Armory Guards &
                    WIG

Comment

Great reports guys!

Does anyone else have any other AAR's from other park sites?
                      Tyler Underwood
                      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                      Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ONG_0361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	899.8 KB
ID:	224230

Johnsons's Island had roughly 75 participants for Park Day. There were about 20 members, pictured, who pitched in from the Army of the Ohio. We even had some guets from the state up north. The weather on Lake Erie was not as bad as it looked when we woke up and allowed us to clean up everything the winter threw down. There was a good amount of work at Fort Johnson and improvements made to the path that leads to it. We also cleared some brush in preperation for the August reenctment of the documented championship baseball game between the prisoners that took place in August 1864. It is believed this is also the first documented baseball game in Ohio. At lunch, the Friends and Decendents of Johnson's Island received the Ohio Civil War 150 Heritage Award
                        for the work they have accomplished since standing up in 2001.
                        JOSHUA MANN
                        121st Ohio Vol.
                        Yo Mess

Comment

Josh, be sure to watch yourself around that guy in the blue down in front.:D
                          Tyler Underwood
                          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                          Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Working...
                          X