Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Evening With the Mudsills

Good Morning!

I have an exciting announcement. On Saturday, July 8th, I will be traveling to the Mudsills Reunion in Indianapolis to interview them about the origins of their organization as it relates to the early days of the authentic movement in reenacting. The interview will be posted on the AC and on our Facebook page. Check back here at the forums for updates. Special thanks to Scott Cross for helping me coordinate this special occasion.

More information to come. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 07-08-2017, 09:33 AM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: An Evening With the Mudsills

It should be interesting ...
    Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Originally posted by BarryDusel View Post
      It should be interesting ...
      Barry, our talk at Blakeley was my inspiration to pursue more knowledge about the Mudsills. Thank you!
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

If you are not familiar with the Mudsills, they were one of the founding groups of the authentic movement many moons ago. There was a recent thread that will provide you with a little more background.

CLICK HERE FOR AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE MUDSILLS
        Last edited by Eric Tipton; 05-12-2022, 06:30 PM.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Whoa, Tipton! I'll be back in the state by then! Please keep me posted!
          John Wickett
          Former Carpetbagger
          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

A Reminder that next Saturday, July 8th, I will be interviewing the Mudsills in Indianapolis at their reunion. The interview will take place around 7 PM and the video will be posted at the conclusion on our new YouTube Page and shared on social media.

In the interim, here are some excellent photos of the Mudsills at the 125th Gettysburg, provided by John Wedeward:

ERIC TIPTON
            Former AC Owner

Comment

Tonight is the night for "An Evening With the Mudsills". Stay tuned on our social media pages. The video will be posted at the conclusion of the interview.
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

Thanks for posting our photos! Jan Romanovich took that first picture and I think the next four you posted at the 125th Battles of Gettysburg as a spectator at our very first event. He used to be a professional photographer just out of high school. Tom Kuhn says the first photo was from the first day of the event.

For anyone interested, I have a whole folder of photos from that 125th event in an album on Facebook.

Some amazing pictures of Pickett's Charge since we were sitting right at the end of the high water mark. Here's another favourite. The photographer who arranged the shoot had to ask us to move so he could sit in our space to capture it. He was kind enough to let us also take a shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	429873_10201270605715332_1882674403_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	225391
                Last edited by USSanCom; 07-09-2017, 01:33 AM.
                Duchess Martin,
                U.S. Sanitary Commission,
                Columbus, O. Branch.

Comment

Eric, I think this photo has been misidentified as The Mudsills. The leading two companies are The Holmes Brigade at the 125th Gettysburg, I believe.
                  [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT] Aaron Racine
                  [COLOR="Blue"][I]Holmes' Brigade, USV[/I][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"][I]Macon County Silver Greys[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]"This gobbling of things so, disgusts me much. I think the city should be burned, but would like to see it done decently." - Maj. Charles W. Wills, February 17, 1865, before Columbia, S.C.[/COLOR]

Comment

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE INTERVIEW WITH THE MUDSILLS
                    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 05-12-2022, 06:33 PM.
                    ERIC TIPTON
                    Former AC Owner

Comment

CLICK HERE TO WATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2017 MUDSILLS REUNION
                      Last edited by Eric Tipton; 05-12-2022, 06:34 PM.
                      ERIC TIPTON
                      Former AC Owner

Comment

Bumping this to the top. Two years ago, I had the honor and privilege of interviewing the five commanders of the Mudsills together. Authenticity has come a long way since this organization and Cleburne's in the south roamed the living history fields. In my opinion, we owe a debt of gratitude for the research, hard work and leadership that these organizations provided that have brought us to where we are today. When I say we stand on the shoulders of giants, I don't say it lightly. Thank You to the Mudsills for providing me with a "Back Stage Pass" for that weekend in 2017.
                        ERIC TIPTON
                        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
                        X