X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote For the January Cover of the AC

Originally posted by JacobReichwein View Post
    I love #2 though. The guy in the vest looks like he just stepped out of the 1800's

Jacob:

That is Andrew Endsley, he was a Mudsill I believe before heading "west". He is a first rate drummer and always had a great impression but has "retired" from the hobby for now.

Edward Parrott
    Edward Anthony Parrott
    "Humbug"

Comment

Originally posted by PieBoy96 View Post
      That freshly mowed lawn in Image #1 doesn't do it for me, even though I'd also like to see an equine cover. I think I can almost see the parallel paths from the mower...
      I have to agree on this comment. I love the subject matter and think it would be great to have the cavalry represented in January (especially with such a fine impression) but the perceived lines from the mower kind of takes away from the overall appeal of this great shot.
      Dale Campbell
      The Pine River Boys - 7th Wis., Co. I

Comment

#1 is great - except for the new mown lawn in the photo that pulls it into the modern. #3 is great, except for the composition - as most folks point out it is extremely unusual - so unusual that it has little to connect it with the Civil War IMHO. #2 is outstanding - the age, weight, look, composition all scream real deal...and look like any number of other images straight from the Photographic History of the Civil War.
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I think that this is what #1 was going for. In my opinion, I think he did a good job with what he had to work with and the equipment and pose is right on.
          Attached Files
          Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
          WIG/GVB
          In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Chris, you are correct, that is the image this was based off of. I had posted this image in initial selection post.
            Dan Chmelar
            Semper Fi
            -ONV
            -WIG
            -CIR!

Comment

Well it is January so I figure Wahoo will take it by a nose, and a long one at that! Just wanted to say thanks again to the big bugs for seeing fit to pick us to be in the final running. Also wanted to say I thought all the images submitted were bully and well done! Look forward to seeing some great AC covers in 2008, get to posing folks.

Edward Parrott
              Edward Anthony Parrott
              "Humbug"

Comment

Congratulations to Rick Bailey for his wonderful "Traveling Medicine Show" Image. The cover is completed and I will have it up tonight for our first one of the new year.

Happy New Year to Everyone! Looking forward to another great yeat of quality events. See you in the field.

This poll is officially closed.
                ERIC TIPTON
                Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
                X