Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Funeral arrangements for Jim Rowe

Chris -
    Thanks for posting the photo and it's not an issue.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Re: Jim Rowe, Rest in Peace

Jim,
      I'll see you on Fiddlers Green
      Richard'Doc"Harris
      Rick Harris

Comment

From the Fauquier Times - Democrat, Obituaries

Jim Rowe, owned local farm supply store

James David "Jim" Rowe, 49, died Feb. 8 at his home.

Mr. Rowe was the owner/manager of Mid-County Farm Supply in Warrenton. A native of Corona, CA, he held a bachelor's degree in agriculture from VPI and SU.

A well-known horseman, he was a member of the Casanova Hunt. He was a Civil War re-enactor and a sergeant in the 4th Virginia Black Horse cavalry unit.

For a period of time, he served with the Fauquier County Agricultural Council.

Mr. Rowe was involved to various degrees in other community activities as well, and is remembered for his generous, friendly nature and willingness to help.

For many years Mid-County Farm Supply provided the hay bales used at the Warrenton Spring Festival; often he would drive the delivery truck himself.

Survivors include his wife, Margaret Rowe; his parents, Annie and Ralph Rowe of Clemmons, N.C.; children Sean Andrew Rowe and James Edward Rowe.

Also surviving are a sister, Catherine Rowe Pherson, and a brother, Bruce Edward Rowe.

The family will receive friends from 3-5 and 7-9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, at Moser Funeral Home, Warrenton, where the funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13. Interment will be at Bright View Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, donations in his name may be made to the American Diabetes Association, P.O. Box 2680, North Canton OH 44720; American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 1749, Vienna VA 22183-1749; or Fauquier Hospital Foundation, 500 Hospital Drive, Warrenton VA 20186.
        From the Fauquier Times - Democrat, Obituaries
        Paul Calloway
        Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
        Proud Member of the GHTI
        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
        Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

This is a sad, sad thing. I had corresponded with Jim quite a bit online and greatly respected his knowledge as a horseman. I had hoped to meet him in person at the National Cav competition and discuss the finer points of jumping in a McClellan saddle, or perhaps go on my first fox-hunt with him the next time I travelled back East. But it is not to be. My sincere condolences to Jim's family and friends.

Ken Morris

Comment

Further details and map

Terry Treat just emailed the following. I have posted the map that Terry sent out on the Black Horse website, at this URL:

Friends of Jim: The following (and above as an attachment) will help you navigate the Warrenton area on Friday.

To clarify further the funeral plans I sent out last night, do not bring horses. We don’t have the logistics to support a mounted honor guard. We will have five horses in the procession, two pulling the wagon, two with riders to represent the cavalry and the hunt community, and a rider less mount. Everybody else (I know we cavalrymen hate these words)…will walk.

Thank you for your support.

Terry Treat
            The Black Horse
            [IMG]http://www.cleydael.org/photos/kcsignature.gif[/IMG]
            Kathryn Coombs
            [URL=http://www.agsas.org]Cleydael Farm[/URL]
            (former civilian moderator of this here place until captured by film industry... missing my hobby!!)

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing . We had e-mailed back and forth . I only got to see him once for just a few minutes . Sorry I was not able to get to know him. Seems he will be missed by many.
              Mine and JoAnn's Prayers go out to Jim and family
              Ron & JoAnn Orange
              12th Kentucky Cavalry US
              [COLOR=DarkOrange]Ron Orange[/COLOR]

Comment

Photographic Tribute

There is a photographic tribute to Jim on the Black Horse website at

If you have photographs that you'd like me to add, either email them to me at ms4tune@aol.com or post them here.

Thanks,

Kathryn
                (webmaster, www.BlackHorseTroop.org)
                [IMG]http://www.cleydael.org/photos/kcsignature.gif[/IMG]
                Kathryn Coombs
                [URL=http://www.agsas.org]Cleydael Farm[/URL]
                (former civilian moderator of this here place until captured by film industry... missing my hobby!!)

Comment

Working...
                X