Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Sullivan

Posted today on Facebook:

"This is Steve's son Sean. Perhaps appropriately, my Dad passed away this memorial day afternoon at 2:20. He is definately in a better place as it was getting pretty rough for him at the end. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers through this time."

Though I can't pretend to have known him as long or as closely as many on this forum, I am honored to have called Steve "Rogue" Sullivan a friend. Steve was one of the "old guard", a mix of living historian and collector, but mostly a teacher. His generosity was boundless, and his heart a good one.

I will miss my friend.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Steve Sullivan

Always sad to see someone in the community go. Here is a link to Steve Sullivan's member page : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/....php?311-rogue
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

How very sad to hear of Steve's passing. I did not know him, but enjoyed his contributions here, as well as the messages we exchanged.
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I was very surprised to hear the news of Steve passing away. I had never met him face to face but had many long phone conversations with him. Always a super nice guy.
        Jim Kindred

Comment

Steve was one of the good guys. Always willing to share knowledge, discuss collecting originals, etc. Miss him from my old Hoosier days up north. Sad news indeed.
          Matt Woodburn
          Retired Big Bug
          WIG/GHTI
          Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
          "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

I am very distressed by this news. I never got to meet Steve in person, but we exchanged e-mails while I was in Kosovo, Afghanistan, and then after I returned home. He always had a droll comment on the N-SSA and on happenings here on the Authentic Campaigner site, where he was known as "rogue". :D

My first dealing with Steve was when I was looking for a 1853 Parker-Hale. He had one and I bought it. However, I was in Kosovo and I had trouble getting it, due to not having a mailing address in the States at the time. Evenually, a friend from Kosovo went to Steve's home and picked it up for me.

Steve sold me other gear over the years, but what I will always remember is what he sent me, gratis. I had posted a WTB for a knapsack and Steve e-mailed me, saying he would send me his for the cost of the shipping. I would have gladly paid him for it, but he refused anything beyond the shipping.

We tried to get together over the years, but his health was declining.

My prayers go out to his family.

Rest in Peace, old friend.
            Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Comment

Sad To Hear
              Last edited by AZReenactor; 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM.
              -- Jim Crawford

Comment

Hallo!

Sad news indeed.

Curt
                Curt Schmidt
                In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                -Vastly Ignorant
                -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Just a little update. There will be a viewing for Steve on Sunday from 2-7 at the following location:

Alhgrim's
                  201 N. NW Hwy
                  Palatine, Il 60067
                  847-358-7411
                  Last edited by Dan Wambaugh; 05-30-2012, 04:58 PM.
                  Dan Wambaugh
                  Wambaugh, White, & Company
                  www.wwandcompany.com
                  517-303-3609
                  Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

From Steve's Facebook page -

For those of you asking, memorial arrangements for Steve Sullivan have finally been made. His Memorial will be on Sunday, June 3rd from 2pm - 7pm. The location will be Ahlgrim's Funeral Home at 201 N. Northwest Hwy, Palatine IL 60067
                    phone: (847) 358-7411. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that if you so desire, to make a contribution in Steve's name to your favorite charity of choice, to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation or to one of the "Save the Battlefield" historical preservation projects. The obituary should be in the Daily Herald tomorrow and Sunday. Again, must love and appreciation for all you are and all you've done to make this easier for my entire family.
                    Jim Kindred

Comment

Steve has been in failing health for a number of years now and was on dialysis. He had been hospitalized last year and they didn't think he would make it then. At least he got one more year to be with his family. I will miss our chats.
                      Scott Cross
                      "Old and in the Way"

Comment

That is very sad news. Me and Steve were very close friends (both in reenacting and collecting) He started as a shooter NSSA as a member of the 46th Illinois, when he got into reenacting he became a member of the 33d Wisconsin. We had some great times together, at both reenactments and Collector Shows. I kept in touch (by phone) pretty much, as he was in failling health and on kindey dialysis the last few years. Steve was also great friends with Steve Osmond, Don Radamaker, Tom Shaw, the late Richard Tibbles......

I'll miss him a lot!

Weed
                        John M. Wedeward

33d Wisconsin Volunteers
                        The Hard Head Mess
                        The Old Northwest Volunteers
                        5th Kentucky Vol's (Thomas' Mudsills)

Company of Military Historians
                        Civil War Battlefield Preservation
                        Sons of American Revolution
                        Sons of Union Veterans

http://www.cwuniforms.net

Ancestors:

Pvt. John Wedeward, Co. A, 42 Illinois Vol. Infantry
                        Cpl. Arnold Rader, Co. C, 46th Illinois Vol. Infantry
                        Brigadier Gen. John Fellows, 21st Continental Regiment

Comment

Steve Sullivan was my "pard" and we spent many hours around the campfire.... He was a good man and father and loved the Civil War. I will miss him

Tom Arliskas
                          CSuniforms
                          Tom Arliskas

Comment

Working...
                          X