Mike Yeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Yeck

It was announced at the Jackson, MI event this past weekend that Mike Yeck passed away last Thursday after battling cancer.

Few here will have known Mike, but his legacy of top quality reproduction firearms will endure on and on. It is to men like Mike that we in the authentic community owe the greatest debt.

Rest in peace Mike.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Mike Yeck

Hallo!

I for one will miss Mike.

In Ye Way Back Daze, I used to hang out with Mike and Betty, at gun shows, his "store/museum," at N-SSA events, as well as his stall at Fort Shenadoah.

He was always a sharing man, handing us this gun or that saying "Look what I just found." Or allowing us to wander among his collections. Many of the parts I used to build custom-builts were left-over locks, stocks, barrels, and furniture parts from Mike's failed M1861, "1862 Richmond," and M1863 line.

Many lads do not know Mike, but his Smith carbine is the evolutionary ancestor of the Italian repro they use today.

Ah... Mike.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Wow. I bought my first musket from Mike in 1988 (what may have been a Yeck 1863 Springfield) Then I took my friend Tim Sheehy to Dundee a year later so he could buy an Enfield. Mike was a great guy, very willing to share knowledge and his shop was beyond cool to 16 year old kid. RIP Mike.
      Sam Lowe
      Sally Port Mess
      Western Rifles

Aut Viam invenium aut faciam

Comment

Like Sam I purchased my enfield from Mr. Yeck in 1987. Thanks in part to him I'm still in the hobby and still carrying that enfield. Thank you Mr. Yeck.

Steve Acker
        formerly or currently a member of
        5th Texas co. E- the Michigan one
        41st Virginia- Wisconsin
        Hogg Mess-Still four of us left
        SHGLHA- not as much as I wanted
        WIG-miss this one
        ONV
        Hard Head Mess- still am
        10th Tennesee- when I can

Comment

Working...