Campaigner needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaigner needing help

this is Margaret, Rocky's girlfriend. I was finally able to register on here and although i was not able to respond, I read all comments & wanted to thank everyone for their responses! I will not be able to do any events until next year at Selma due to school, but that will give me plenty of time to get things in order, learn how to sew and gain more historical knowledge and decide which part I'd like to portray. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Margaret Sherrod

Comment

Good luck, Margaret. Learn to sew if you don't already know how. Several petticoats and chemises and drawers will get you ready to make the dress and bonnet. Mrs. Lawson is a wonderful help in all things. I imagine (and you might not tell your fella this yet) that he'll end up doing civilian events with you. We do have more fun.

Looking forward to meeting you somewhere between here and there.

Kind regards
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
      Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

I don't know how to sew...yet...and it honestly scares me and i don't know why! but im willing to learn! I made a baby blanket for my cousin years ago, but I had ALOT of help from my mom. so that's probably who'll be turning to again! I'm excited to meet with Mrs. Lawson who I've heard great things about! hopefully Rocky & I will get to do some civilian events together! :)

Margaret Sherrod

Comment

Greetings Miss Margaret:
          Welcome :-) Period sewing is easy to learn. It is mostly straight seams. No hidden zips or gathering elastic but if your mom learned the modern way she might have trouble reading authentic patterns. LOL, I learned on authentic patterns and can't follow a simplicity pattern to save my life.

By the way, Mr. Morgan and I are old friends of Rocky's LOL, he and his cousin almost starved at an event years ago. They hadn't counted on the cost of food at the settlers (this was before we all escaped mainstream land) and Mr. Morgan and I fed them. Rocky has been turning up at our camp ever since.

He is a fine young man and we will be happy to welcome you into our civilian camp.

Respectfully,
          Betty Morgan
          [COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Betty Morgan
          Wnston Free State
          Citronelle, Alabama[/COLOR]

Comment

Miss Margaret,

After a flurry of activity getting another young lady into a sheer dress at the last minute, then the last three weeks on the road, in and out of 3 different time periods, I wanted to take a moment to say I had not forgotten you. I'll be another two weeks gone, then will have some time to aid you in beginning this process.

I've a good bit of teaching to do this fall, and a couple of new apprentices in the wings. Before the summer is out, we need to do a complete set of measurements and start this process. You and Rocky will need to review your own schedules and see when you can come.

Wandering about the Pennslyvania countryside feeding and watering soldiers for the last five days. Here's the reality--its no hotter nor more humid in Gettysburg in June than it is in Selma in April.
            Terre Hood Biederman
            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

While I thank you all for your help, we are no longer together, and i will not be pursuing this hobby.

Margaret Sherrod

Comment

Working...
              X