Props to Nic Duvall at Duvall's Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Props to Nic Duvall at Duvall's Leather

I need to add to the chorus of praise for Nick Duvall's craftsmanship and customer service. I received my sword belt, pistol holster and cap pouch on an expedited basis. Each of them is simply beautiful!

Ken Aldous
    Co. E, 123rd NYSV
    Ken Aldous
    Co. D, 5th NY Inf. (2d Regt. USV)
    Co. E, 123rd NYSV (2d Regt. USV)
    GGG nephew of Julius H. Higley, Co. E, 123rd NYSV & Co. A, 109th USCT
    GGG nephew of Albert E. Higley, Co. H, 22nd NYSV & Co. G, 16th NYHA
    GGG nephew of L.S. Herbert Higley, Co. G, 16th NYHA

Comment

I ordered a blanket roll/overcoat sling from Duvall's Leather and I am more than pleased with it. First, I received my order quickly--I think it was just shy of two weeks when I ordered it and when I received the order. I have been looking for an alternative to carrying a blanket horse collars, which I hate rolling and wearing, and this thing more than has done the trick.

Especially for smaller guys, conventional blanket horsecollars can be a pain; I highly recommend this product for anybody looking for an alternative way of carrying a blanket roll (esp. for a Confederate impression)
      Christopher Stacey
      Member -- Independent Rifles
      Lil' Sherm's Maurader dreaming about the land of exploding rocks and Coffee with Milk and Honey....

Comment

Just arrived! I ordered a Waller Overton, Confederate holster and spur straps. Great quality and craftsmanship in every stitch. The holster is far nicer than my military holster.
        Thanks, Nick!
        Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
        16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
        Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Likewise excellent quality and service from Nic on an English snake-buckle belt. Unbelievable!
          Bob Williams
          26th North Carolina Troops
          Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Last week I e-mailed Nick at Duvall Leatherworks with a question about a federal issue cartridge box sling. I was in no particular hurry; however, he told me that he had the item in stock. I paid for the item right then (on a Saturday). Nick e-mailed me almost immediately back and said that the order was received and the item would go out first thing on Monday. It did exactly that!!!!! I got the sling on Friday morning (and that was with a Holiday on Thursday!!!!!). And the attention to detail on the sling is exceptional. It even displays a contractor's stamp that will never be seen by anyone but me (because it is against the box in the back). I really appreciate the attention to detail and the quality of product. He gets my recommendation to anyone! Thanks Nick!
            Luke Gilly
            Breckinridge Greys
            Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

I'll chime in here as well. My bayonet scabbard arrived earlier this week and it is a beauty! I'd highly recommend Nick for leathers!

Dan Wilkosz
              49th NYVI Co. B

Comment

Another post of praise for Duvall....I just received my confederate lead tip scabbard and it is perfect. Before purchasing I emailed a question to Nick about the scabbard and I had a response that day. Wait time was no more than two weeks. Looking forward to do business again with Duvall Leather.
                Tim Lindgren
                1st. Sergeant
                10th Tennessee Inf Co. D
                "Sons of Erin"

Comment

I am yet another person posting in praise of Duvall Leatherwork's quality and craftsmanship (not to mention INCREDIBLY FAST delivery). I am new to Civil War reenacting, but have done Rev War reenacting for 8 years. I make most of my own leather accoutrements for my Rev War impression, and I am VERY impressed with Duvall's eye for detail and quality! I ordered a Federal Issue Accoutrements Set #1 as well as a Federal Issue Rifle Sling. Immediately after opening the box, I was salivating over the workmanship! I cannot wait to get them into the field! Thanks for helping me get started on the right foot!!
                  Last edited by bclead; 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM.
                  Bruce Leader
                  Private
                  28th Mass. Volunteer Infantry
                  4th Regiment • Irish Brigade

Comment

I just got my English import snake buckle belt from him and it is top quality as all his other offerings. It is always a pleasure to deal with Nick. He consitently shows that he is one of the finest makers of Leather goods in our hobby today. Great job Nick!
                    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Several weeks ago I contacted Duvall Leather Works to place what I would consider to be a large purchase. I did not need these items before Christmas and told his as such understanding that many costumers may be purchasing for the holiday. So we agreed he would send my order on Dec 20 for me to receive probably after Christmas. Not only did I receive it before Christmas, but I received it before Dec 22. The equipment was unbelievable. I truly did not realize just how bad the “other” stuff was till I held Duvalls. Truly a work of art. Thanks Nic!
                      Curtis Kyer
                      ckyer7@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Nic
                        My blanket roll/overcoat sling was purchased on line from you a week ago. I received it yesterday (before Christmas!!) and I am very pleased with craftsmanship of this item. It is not often that in this hobby a person can pay a reasonable price and receive a quality item, quickly.
                        Thanks

David Mosher

Comment

Another very happy DL customer. Mr Duvall's skill is apparent in the craftmanship of the blackened buff waist belt and cartridge box belt. Can't wait for his next Bully Buy! However now I need to order a blackened buff scabboard for 1842 bayonet to complete the set.
                          Last edited by Prodical Reb; 12-27-2010, 08:39 PM. Reason: punctuation
                          [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                          Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                          [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                          Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                          Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                          The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Once again DL comes through. I apologize foir the lateness of this post! Ordered the above stated scabboard (blackened buff) and with his knowledge of my needing it ASAP, he delivered it in time for me to take it to TPEB event. Thanks for coming thru for me ND! And the quality it top notch too! Mr Duvall is one of several outstanding vendors who have great work ethics, outstanding customer service and an excellent product!
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                            Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                            [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                            Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                            Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                            The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I received my Confederate cartridgebox today from Nick and the workmanship is outstanding as usual. It took less than a month to get this item. What I like best about Nick is that he tells you how long its going to be and he is always on target with that date. You don't mind waiting for quality work and you can have the confidence that it will get there when he said it would. No guessing! Hopefully he will run a sale on cap pouches soon.
                              Mike Scanlon
                              Company H, Willis Company
                              119th New York State Volunteers

Comment

Just wanted to add my awesome experience with Nick Duvall. I ordered a 2" Roller Buckle Belt and it arrived within the specified time. Of course, the quality was top notch and Nick was very patient and helpful with me on the phone so that I got the right sized belt! I've now purchased a cartridge box sling and wasit belt and have been incredibly satisfied with both purchases. Nick has got himself a repeat customer in me!
                                Respectfully Submitted,
                                Tony Manson
                                33rd VA, Co. E
                                4th VA, Co. A
                                SWB

Comment

Working...
                                X