Double-Bag Knapsack Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Bag Knapsack Leather

I'm currently beginning work on making my own double bag knapsack. I've already figured out all of the details as to where to get the cloth and some of the hardware, but I'm still unsure about an important part; the leather. I was wondering if you guys had any sources to get some good pit tanned leather that I could use to make the straps and other leather componets out of, as well as where to find split leather to use in the shoulder strap backing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Julian New
    26 NCT
    Rumpus Regulators Mess
    "I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." -William Tecumseh Sherman

Re: Double-Bag Knapsack Leather

Julian, contact Mike Brase. He is the owner of M.B. Young & Co. He is an approved vendor on here and should be able to help you out. His screen name is arkangle133
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Mike tossed his back severely over the weekend and is currently immobile. Don't expect a quick response.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

I hope he gets better soon. It is okay if I don't get a quick reply, being that I was going to start working on this closer to the summer. Thanks guys!
        Julian New
        26 NCT
        Rumpus Regulators Mess
        "I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." -William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

Did you ever make your pack? I would be interested in knowing how it turned out as I would also like to make one for myself.

Thanks ...

Barry Bowden
          Somewhere in Alabama ...
          Barry Bowden

Comment

Working...
          X