Gazette. That's G-A-Z-E-T--T-E.

Phil McBride
    The Alamo Rifles
    Phil McBride
    Author:
    Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
    Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
    Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
    Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
    Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
    Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

• Re: Outpost III - AAR Thread

Phil, good to see you writing an article about the event. I read your article about the previous TAG a few years ago. Take the word to the masses.

Todd Bemis mentioned earlier in this thread that he wrote an article for the Historian. Don't know the status. Maybe he could pop in and give us an update on when we might see it published.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Hey Greg,
        I forwarded my entries over to Nicky on Monday. He said they might not show up for a couple of issues due to the next one (or two) already being full. I just love getting the magazine. An Outpost article would just be icing on the cake!
        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
        WIG/GVB
        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

[I'm not a big fan of the Camp Chase Gazette]
          Last edited by paulcalloway; 12-13-2007, 01:46 PM.
          David Parent

The Cracker Mess
          MLK Mess
          Black Hat Boys
          WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

With over 3,000 Camp Chase Gazette subscribers, I imagine a fair number of reenactors will read the Outpost article who have, or are developing, an interest in immersive campaign events. You might be surprised how many positive comments I've received about the article in the Camp Chase Gazette I did about Banks Grand Retreat. Maintstreamers and campaigners are not two in two separate solar systems; It's apparent to me that there is a substantial amount of "crossover" activity back and forth. And the campaign side of the hobby will better seduce new crossover "recruits" by not limiting our publicity to the Civil War Historian, the one publication already targeting campaigners.

Phil McBride
            The Alamo Rifles
            Phil McBride
            Author:
            Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
            Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
            Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
            Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
            Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
            Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

I contacted the editorial office at Civil War Historian before Outpost and they said they'd definitely like to have an article about it. I sent in the article over a month ago. I also contacted Don Smith about maps he made for the event to include with the article, and made enquiries about photos.
              After two or three follow up email requests to the editorial office about the status of this submission I have heard nothing back. I actually sent my last email to them today. Later I checked this thread to see that the editor of the magazine is unaware of any submission about Outpost. I don't know what the snafu is. I will email Nicky Hughes directly and see if this can be sorted out.
              [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Todd S. Bemis[/SIZE][/SIZE]
              [CENTER][/CENTER][I]Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry[/I]
              Independent Volunteers
              [I]simius semper simius[/I]

Comment

Thanks for posting reminders of great events from the past on facebook. As I read the aar posts from Outpost 2007 i was reminded of all the good times..it stands as a top five event for me in a span of almost 30 years in the hobby!
                Rod Miller
                [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
                A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
                1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
                1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
                1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
                1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
                Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
                1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
                Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

I can't believe we're talking 2007 here. Man, where does the time go?
                  Michael Comer
                  one of the moderator guys

Comment

A great, great event! I was the orderly for a company made up of Mess No.1, Liberty Rifles, and the GHTI and a few others. I would love to do that group again.
                    Ken Cornett
                    MESS NO.1
                    Founding Member
                    OHIO
                    Mason Lodge #678, PM
                    Need Rules?

Comment

Ken, I remember you guys coming around our flank, and the look on Tripp's face when I informed him that were in an untenable position. I also remember giving one of my finer "hit" performances for your company as well.

Jordan Roberts still reminds me how I devoured his whiskey'd up coffee Saturday, and left none for him.
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

One of my top 3 events - in fact my avatar was taken there... Dave and I are looking back toward those pesky rebs coming up the middle :) I will never forget the empty sad feeling we had when 1st Sgt Jason R. was gobbled up by reb cav in the middle of the night when they penetrated the picket line in yank overcoats. First person all the time, superb fidelity, tactics, leadership...great time. Heck, even the end of event march-in and ceremony was epic.
                        Soli Deo Gloria
                        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

An epic event.
                          ERIC TIPTON
                          Former AC Owner

Comment

The Rebel who made the capture was Ronnie Tucker. We had been riding the same route all night and making sure everyone could hear us and see us. Ronnie just stayed behind while the other riders turned and started away from the Federal line. That was a long cold night made suddenly worthwhile.
                            Mark Bridges
                            Culleoka, Tennessee

Comment

It was brilliant. From camp we saw you, but not where you had come from, thinking it was parallel to the lines but inside our pickets. Had Ronnie not picked the picket post farthest to our right, the game would have been up, but he chose wisely.
                              Soli Deo Gloria
                              Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
                              X