To the Men of the Pioneer Platoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To the Men of the Pioneer Platoon

If the Confederates had launched a silent assault on Saturday night around 5 PM, they could have gotten within about 20 feet of our lines without raising any suspicion. Every set of eyes on our lines was faced to the rear watching the pioneers do their work.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Sounds like the Pioneer Platoon was quite a hit last weekend. Wish I could have made the event to see it in action!

If anyone is interested, on June 13-15, the Liberty Rifles is hosting a living history at Stones River Battlefield, TN portraying the Pioneer Brigade (Army of the Cumberland). We will actually be clearing a ROAD through the woods on original ground... so lots of trees will be coming down! We will also be doing some unique demonstrations for the public of the dual capabilities of the pioneers. Right now we have over 20 men coming, but a few last minute additions are MORE than welcome. For $10, we will be providing cooked food and an appropriate yellow pioneer insignia to be worn on the left sleeve (as per an account by a member of the Pioneer Brigade).

If you want to use that axe some more, drop me a PM and I can send you some additional information, impression guidelines, etc. Do it soon so I can get your name in for food.

Also check out Cody Harding's article on the Pioneer Brigade: http://www.libertyrifles.org/researc...erbrigade.html

(Mods----Paul C. gave me the OK to post this here in the Pioneer discussion thread)
      Paul Boccadoro
      Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a really fun event. It was a blast and I would do it again in a heart beat. Cutting down them big ol' Georgia pines, making a brush pile I am sure the park hates us for and getting called to protect our right flank were things you don't get to experience very often. It was a pleasure serving with everyone and I too will be keeping my crossed axes awaiting to be called upon again.
        [I][U][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="5"]Eric Isaacs[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I]
        River Rats Mess
        ONV

Comment

Working...
        X