X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 147th Perryville Commemoration

Originally posted by PogueMahone View Post
    Doug,

Even I wouldn't wish that kind of misery and abuse on anyone!! Seriously? Alternating years of high and low standards?

No, once on the track of improvement one shouldn't allow themselves to drift backwards. Damn the farbs, full steam ahead!
    Joe - I agree in principle, but the problem is the annual nature of the event. Was thinking of how they could ease into a better event whle still managing to maintain numbers. We on the dark side tend to get bored with annual stuff after a couple years in a row, no matter the high standards. For the alternating thing to work, it would obviously be a different set of folks running the show every year.

Now if Perryville could somehow become an annual Camp of Instruction for authentics, with LH and perhaps a scripted battle scenario from time to time, it might work to throw off the numbers and go quality. It would take a lot of work and a dedication to incremental improvement. Sure is an ideal location though.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

We're going to spectate as I hear the battlefield is stellar.

Are there very many quality sutlers ?

I also want to try some burgoo.

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
        Now if Perryville could somehow become an annual Camp of Instruction for authentics, with LH and perhaps a scripted battle scenario from time to time, it might work to throw off the numbers and go quality.
        Every year that I have been there and taken part, what you posted above, I have seen. It will provide the same again this year as well.

A lot of you guys have been ragging on the Perryville thing from who attends, to the organizers, etc. One think to keep in mind is that the event organizers of Perryville have someone over looking them and who have a final say and that being the State of Kentucky. Some things can be easier said then done.

If you are wanting a EBUFU type LH, then Jim Conley and a few others are putting an event on at Perryville that will meet all your needs which you can attend. But it is not part of the annual event nor will that substitute for the annual event.

Rather then run events down that are trying to do things right and have potential, show some support. Negativity seems to be the growing trend around here anymore. You want to see an event improve? Show up and support it. Be an example to others and lead. If it does not meet your needs, go on about life and leave it alone. Find another event that meets your needs. It has been posted on this forum time and time again that you have to have "the right attitude"....To me, I see that applied less and less anymore.

Just my two cents.
        Micah Trent
        Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
        Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Originally posted by LibertyHallVols View Post
          Please reserve this thread to discussion about the event and not use it as an inquisition of the organizers.
          Thread Closed.
          John Wickett
          Former Carpetbagger
          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
          X