Into the Piney Woods: Taylor Retreats Up the Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Into the Piney Woods: Taylor Retreats Up the Red

I will begin baking crackers in a few weeks.......

This time, I think I'll let another poor sap drag the 10 foot flag pole through the pine woods and shoulder a musket.
    Cody Mobley

Texas Ground Hornets
    Texas State Troops

[HOUSTON] TRI-WEEKLY TELEGRAPH, October 28, 1863,

Wanted.

All ladies in Houston and surrounding counties who have cloth on hand, which they can spare, are requested to donate it to the ladies of Crockett for the purpose of making petticoats for the Minute Men of this county, who have "backed out" of the service. We think the petticoat more suitable for them in these times.

Comment

Guess I'll order myself up another hardtack cutter and actually make this one (God willing)
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Oh Ya, I'll have to plan on being at this one. I hope some of the others of the Sh## A## Platoon (Co A, 2nd Platoon at BGR) will be able to as well.
        Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
        1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
        Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

I would be there but our spring break is the next week. I don't know what my students would think if I just didn't show up. I guess I can keep my fingers crossed that I am wrong on our spring break.
          Sh*T A*S Vet

Hope you boys have fun!
          Nathan Hellwig
          AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
          "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I don't know Holler. You know springtime is a good time for contracting a variety of illnesses. Some of them put you down for 5 - 7 days before you're finally cured. I've got a friend who is wanting to put together a doctor impression. I'm sure he'll write you an excuse.:wink_smil
            Michael Comer
            one of the moderator guys

Comment

Maybe he might need some of my "Natchez Spring Water"? Count me in.
              Dusty Lind
              Running Discharge Mess
              Texas Rifles
              BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

You can count me in again. It'll be good to get back in the forest.

See you there.

Boot.

Nick Passey
                Great Briton
                B.G.R. survivor.

< --- What goeth here?
                Last edited by Boot; 11-20-2007, 02:49 AM. Reason: Ointing out the povious.
                Nick S. Passey
                Great Britain
                B.G.R. and I.P.W. and Bummers survivor.

Comment

The van departing from Burkittsville with stops at Stuart's Draft, Riner, and Piney Flats may also have feeder trips from Monmouth, Baltimore, and Rochester....
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                  [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Chawls,

How many sets of keys will y'all have and who will be in charge of them?

Just sayin.......
                    Terre Hood Biederman
                    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Question to the organizers. Will Cavalry be allowed or do we look for something else again.
                      Charles Bradford
                      Texas

Comment

In two years I will be able to pick up a rifle. Count me in.
                        [FONT="Georgia"][/FONT] Aaron Bolis
                        1st. co. Richmond Howitzers

Comment

Originally posted by Spinster View Post
                          How many sets of keys will y'all have and who will be in charge of them?
                          No firemen from NY will be permitted to possess keys. Not even their own...make that especially their own! :)

(Met a nice ol' gal from Fort Payne, Ala., the other day whilst hiving some listory in Wilson, NY, munching on some of Lanky Pete's venison sausage, and generally having a good time enjoying the panic of the steerage class passengers as their end of the tent fly combo began to take on water with predictable results. She was impressed someone actually knew where Attalla, Ala., is located, and about swooned when I mentioned we'd stayed there not once, but three times.)
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

If you want to actually feel what it was like for a soldier back then this is the event to go to, those who were at BGR know what I'm talking about. BGR was fantastic and I know that this one will be even better. I guess this means I need new shoes.

OX

Comment

Originally posted by reb290 View Post
                              In two years I will be able to pick up a rifle. Count me in.
                              Uh oh - Aaron you will have the same experience a fresh fish in our company did at BGR. It was his first real event and at 18, was suddenly spoiled for the rest of his life ;). But thanks to Messrs Baker and Yearby, he will no doubt be in for round 2.

Hey Ox, I will bring some extra socks for you :D
                              Soli Deo Gloria
                              Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Well Doug unlike at Rich Mountain I am not going to be wearing the Cody Mobley "Boots of Death" and I have my wife working on a couple of pairs of socks for me too.

Adam "OX" Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X